STEMS, STEMS, STEMS everywhere

Using a normal acapella and lining it up manually to the beat of another track is way more satisfying too, especially if you get 3 decks going at once:)

Kidding of course Stems is a fantastic feature for creative transitions, but not at the expense of music stopping or glitching.

2 Likes

Unlikely. Can’t even change/correct a track’s BPM on the decks.

1 Like

What if we get stems but lose the 2nd layer when enabled hhhmmm, we need stem, its a sick a** feature i mean who really uses slicer and rolls to their extent and who’s using the 2nd layer effectively.

In short answer - me…

1 Like

Moin,

me as well :innocent:

Brgds BeatMaster

1 Like

A fair amount of LC6000 users, probably.

That would be nice, but as Engine dj not even works perfect as database in sync with itunes they way as for example algoriddim dejay work, I see no hope in this software for stems. Better the improve on there basics and add some more features to make the stand alone really not so depending on a laptop

Isn’t iTunes an obsolete app now? Ive never used that to manage my music because like many things, Apple change their OS and it sends everybody up the creek without a paddle.

Serato is also broken when it comes to using iTunes playlists, so lets not call this an Engine issue only.

I manage my music library manually. Sort by folders when bought new tracks, changed the names of them to be always ARTIST - TRACK NAME (REMIX/MIX/others). This way I can find everything in any program, or even without any program - just by manually navigating to find the tracks I need. I can do it sometimes faster than any search engine (unless it’s a track I don’t remember that good). But when it’s sorted by Genre, I can find all my tracks that I need in any program, at any time. iTunes never served me good…

5 Likes

Pretty much identical to me… the initial setup is a pain but once you have it organised its minutes to keep on top of it each time you buy music isnt it. I always hated the sub folder structure of itunes and as im often buying a single track from an album or compilation it just created a mess on my computer.

1 Like

I developed this structure when playing with Traktor in 2010. Then also moved the same structure to Rekorbox, as the first editions of it were complete mess. If Compared Engine 2.4 and Rekordbox 2.4 - Engine is way ahead. Anyway, keeping this structure is super easy and fast actually. I manage 100 tracks in matter of minutes to distribute them between folders, and then adjusting the id3 tags in proper tag software. All works good, and is organised.

3 Likes

I tunes still is a good base and it works well with sync the playlists I need to ipad and iphone as well The time I used Ipad and a reloop console and algoriddim djay it was really simple that my playlists were all up to date algoriddim just take the new songs from the updated itunes playlists no problem With engine dj I have now a different database so the playlists there are not like on the itunes based devices and I still struggle😂 Anyway the drag and drop works and maybe somedays a engine dj release comes out that is able to include just new songs from an updated itunes playlist via sync love my go it’s the nearest thing to a stand alone on the market :joy:

This is the thing though, Apple have ended iTunes, its now Apple Music and as far as im aware the old method of integrating itunes playlists into DJ software doesn’t work. I cant see any DJ software company focusing on iTunes integration when Apple themselves have removed the app from their devices.

As ive never used it personally i didnt take much notice of the exact issues, but the Serato forum is littered with complaints about it no longer working.

I sort by Genre, then have A to Z albums and compilations laid out in my music folder on my laptop. I then have all my playlists in the various software mirrored to it so if a track exists in say ‘house music’ on my laptop, it’ll be in there on my 3 DJ apps.

This is an example between my folders and RB. So like you i can just rename any tracks that need tidying up, give them some basic info in the metadata then add them to a relevant folder.

If you are using a different app to organize your usic (I use Rekordbox), you should be using Lexicon to keep everything in sync. I use both Engine and Algoriddim DJay. DJay reads the cuepoint information witten to the track file by Serato.

So in my case im a Serato user 85% of the time, with Engine for when im doing gigs (couple of times a month) and i just use the Serato sync feature to keep Engine in line.

For RB its ultra occasional use so ill just update playlists as and when i need to update my USB for a gig.

Given that 99.9% of the time im only ever adding tracks to my genre folders it takes no time at all to keep them up to date when needed. I also dont buy music that often either.

1 Like

Given the recent updates to the database, I think that things are going strength to strength with Engine.

I’m not all that fussed about filtered stems though

Me either, it sounds terrible from what ive heard so far.

I never liked ai generated stems until I stumbled upon Nuo Stems 2.0. It’s not real-time but it does a terrific job. The generated stems are not perfect (they never will be!) but way better than anything (except the new Virtual DJ ones) for sure.

I would love to play pre-generated stems on Engine devices - using four of the pads to switch them on and off.

2 Likes

Its a shame the original stems didnt take off where you bought stems packs from the music store. Those are the ideal solution aren’t they.

1 Like