Stagelinq protocol API availability? (Part 1)

Damn, maybe try disabling your firewall?

No firewall, I also tried with windows (no raspberry) and telnet, but still the same error. It looks like itā€™s the wrong port, is this port always the same ? Youā€™r unbox thing was working last month, maybe I should try it again ?

Yeah I was wondering about the port and was thinking maybe the wrong port is being reported as open idk, maybe try a port scan from your raspberry pi to see if any are open on the mixer?

ā€œsudo nmap -sT -p- 169.254.207.1ā€ should work

Iā€™d try downloading the latest version of unbox just to check, but the code that makes the initial connection to the decks should be the same as the script you were using.

Here are the results of port scan :

Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.114
Host is up (0.00061s latency).
Not shown: 65533 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
7/tcp open echo
23/tcp open telnet
MAC Address: 00:05:95:00:F1:6A (Alesis)

I did tried to force port in device.go (using the only mentionned by nmap 23) but obviously itā€™s not working (hanged on ā€œrequesting device data servicesā€¦ā€)

I will try with the latest unbox version and tell you about it !

looks like the port is not opened. in linux normally all ports are closed except the ones you open by hand. I think in the new windows versions it is the same behavior. you have to open the ports first, to use them.

first open port 50010 then restart the devices and then it should connect.

Are you sure about this ? IMO if ufw (Linux) is disabled, everything is open.

1 Like

I have the same problem. When I put mail file ? Im using Windows version.

So this file is only for mac and wonā€™t work with your current unbox setup, Iā€™d download the latest version of unbox from GitHub to test.

Ok. I will try that. Also I have a question regarding custom CSS on OBS. Is there a way to change font size? Standard CSS font size code is not working.

EDIT. Newest version still had this problem: Stagelinq protocol API - #250 by erikrichardlarson

On Monday Iā€™m doing livestream and wanted to use unbox but itā€™s not working properly with my Prime 2.

The problem being that a deck isnā€™t logged until the other deck is taken back down to 0? This is still the expected behavior at the moment, the code scans from deck 1-4 looking for the first deck with volume above .99 and will report out that deckā€™s track. Is this not happening on your Prime 2?

CSS font resizing should work with one of these selectors:

#artist { font-size : 100px}

#track { font-size : 100px}

#now-playing { font-size : 100px}

This is how Unbox works with my Prime 2:

[Deck number] : [Channel fader %] / [Deck number] : [Channel fader %] - Unbox track info

Deck 1: 100 / Deck 2: 0 - Track from Deck 1

Deck 1: 100 / Deck 2: 100 - Track from Deck 1

Deck 1: 0 / Deck 2: 100 - Track from Deck 2

This works how its intended. The problem is when Im transitioning from Deck 2 to Deck 1:

Deck 1: 0 / Deck 2: 100 - Track from Deck 2

Deck 1: 100 / Deck 2: 100 - Track from Deck 1

Deck 1: 100 / Deck 2: 0 - Track from Deck 1

Unbox is showing track info from deck 1 even though Deck 2 channel fader isnā€™t at 0 yet.

hmm.I only can say that linux is for security. so you have everything to allow by yourself first, before you can use it. if ufw is disabled, you can only use the common ports like 80 for internet and maybe 25 for email. maybe some secure ports like 443 are also open. but all other should have been closed until you open it with ufw. that was my last info. could be, that some tiny linux systems work others than ubuntu.

Any ideas?

Yeah this usually happens when unbox is still in the Downloads directory, can you try putting unbox in your C:\Program Files directory and running it from there?

Gotcha yeah this is expected behavior for now since Deck 1 is checked before Deck 2, and the line fader of Deck 1 is over .99. Also just to confirm, people would hear Deck 1ā€™s track as itā€™s reported out in Unbox right?

Its in my C drive

Can you try moving unbox to your desktop? It looks like your user doesnā€™t have permissions to create the needed config file in the Program Files directory.

I deleted it, redownloaded, unzipped, placed it c again. Then restarted PC.

Works now!

PS

The unzip process is long

PS2

Any chance we can truncate the text automagically eg i donā€™t want all the other stuff underlined to show in it. I noticed it ignores any text after an hyphen (which is good), maybe it can ignore anything that starts with a bracket in "(" in the title field or from the second ā€œ(ā€.

Now I understand how it works (deck 1 is always check first). Btw is it a way to prevent Unbox from dividing very long artist to two lines in HTML output? I want to have artist tag in a one line always. For now Iā€™m using OBS browser source width with artist/title font size to work around it.

I finally got it !!! You do not need to connect to the mixer :smiley: The mixer infos are transmitted through the player, so the connection to the miwer is NOT needed (I figured it out with the UNBOX logs). So everything is now working fine, I can go further with my project :slight_smile:

2 Likes