SC5000m not working with serato dj pro in HID mode

Yes I know it’s a hijack and bad etiquette on my part but Denon staff seem to be ignoring it completely so worth it for me and probably others, sorry!

Hello, and any word on sc5000m update with serato dj?

While shopping around for a pair of sc5000’s, I asked dealers about the m’s and Serato HID integration. Best I got was early 2019, but it does(in fact) seem to be coming. Have you used the sc5000’s in HID mode yet?

Any updates?

Serato DJ × SC5000M

1 Like

don’t understand why it’s so long ?

1 Like

Hasn’t it been on shelves for nearly 6 months now and we’ve not even seen a beta with support.

If I was an optimist I’d hope they were taking their sweet time on delivering Serato integration well above what our expectation is (from looking at the meh integration on the SC5000)

But it’s just probably that the Prime4 is the focus of all current resources as it’s most to bring in new users.

They don’t have to release anything right now but some 1h2019 roadmap communication would be nice

3 Likes

How long were the original SC5000 out before they got Serato certification? Also, what do you think Denon does other than supplying info on the player to Serato certification team?

I really think this is a Serato issue not a Denon Issue Serato takes forever to do the simplest things no matter how simple they are It’s really annoying

Of course it’s a Serato issue/thing. When manufacturers make a Serato controller, Serato is involved from the beginning, dictating layout and even some of the features (just look at the Mixars Duo mixer and it’s dual USB hub on the back - it was released A LOT before Rane Twelves) and both hardware and SDJ update have to be released simultaneously. But with OSA, when manufacturers make their own standalone product and then ask Serato “hey, we would like to pay you to map our device to SDJ” then Serato takes their time

Mappings are 100% done by Serato alone, I am totally convinced by that.

1 Like

This is exactly my love hate relationship with SeratoDJ and one of the main reason i want to ditch the laptop and plan on it early this year. Serato is very undependable when it comes to updates and getting things done for the end user. look how long it’s been and we still don’t have the simplest song RATING system in serato when every other software yes even Engine has it. SMH

Could be a money thing. Serato is not going to support the 5000M for free.

1 Like

It’s always a money thing LOL

Yeah maybe Serato is playing hard ball. With both SC5000 and NS7 platters already supported, bare minimal support can’t be that much work. Unwise to upset the inMusic group in their position though! Then what partners are they left with?.. Pioneer’s reheated leftovers… uh… Roland and the ghost of Vestax…shrug

If Serato fight with inMusic rather than collaborating with their hardware partners tighter than ever before then their days are numbered in the increasingly x86 laptop-less future.

I actually thought inMusic might buy Serato in 2019 and combine forces to really make really people sit up and take notice (it would certainly change all the “Yeah but the software though” dismissals… sadly the recent Serato x Roland sync feature suggests otherwise.

My theory is, looking at their current trajectories Serato and Denon will either merge or become direct competitors pretty soon.

As SOC/ARM processors get cheaper and more powerful, dedicated standalone gear is set to reclaim more x86 laptop users by duplicating the essential features in a more elegant, direct way. What’s high-end pro gear now will eventually trickle down to the lucrative mass market.

If Serato doesn’t want to get left behind it will either need to create its own hardware/software combo (with little to no experience) or create an embedded software/OS and licence it out to partners (where the more hardware variants and more chefs, the more compromised the software often becomes) As Denon has already invested heavily in their own embedded “DJ OS” this would put them somewhat at odds.

Serato and inMusic/Rane have a long history. Denon have been making exciting hardware but their software ecosystem isn’t yet ready to stand on the DJ industry podium, for many its the weakest link atm. Imagine if they brought the Serato team on board, combined their brand recognition and created “Serato Prime” to replace engine. A lot of dismissive people would suddenly reassess the ecosystem and it’d probably be clash of the titans between Denon/Serato and Pioneer and anyone else a distant third.

Late night ramblings maybe shrug but it seems feasible in my head canon

The waiting just got longer for the SC5000M to be Serato compatible.

New Serato Beta and no SC5000M support.

2 Likes

It might be too late and out of their hands.

The number of people saying that they want to ditch their laptops and go standalone is growing significantly.

1 Like

Oh interesting, but disappointing! Is this a public beta? 2.2? I can’t see any references online, where did you see it?

Update: now I see… eye roll

They sent out an email last night…to be honest the 5000M’s compatibility it’s prob coming with the next update which will support the Prime4

agree with that

Honestly Serato has been trash for a while…I literally have to re scan my tracks every time i open it…Since i loose my color organization as soon as i close it. It’s very annoying.That among other major issues it has.