Remove from playlist option missing. Engine DJ 2.0.1

I want to remove songs from my playlist however the option has now dissapeared. I am left with: Remove from Collection or Remove from Drive.

I don’t want to delete the track from the Prime 4 just from this playlist. Which is it?!

My gut says Collection, but just want to make sure.

Thanks as always.

3 Likes

Yeah right, I am having the same Problem! I can‘t delete a track from my Playlist without deleting it from my USB stick…Both options will remove the song entirely :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Just eject the drive so that you have just Engine open. Then delete the track from the folder.

If I understand correctly, the track will be removed but it will remain in the ‘collection’ but unless you have it in another playlist/folder, you will have to use the search to find it because it will be in limbo - as in ‘homeless’.

I changed my work flow after 2.0.

All my crates were the same but obviously classed as playlists since 2.0. For me, my crates were genre based & so nothing really changed there. When I add new tracks, I just drag them into the genre folder/playlist as normal.

I created a new folder (technically, a playlist) on my SD card & named it Playlists. I then dragged (from my drive) all my ‘proper’ playlists from before into that folder which creates sub-folders. These sub-folders are now my proper playlists. All it means is that I have an extra tap to do which is to go into my new Playlist folder & then select the sub folder/playlist I want.

Hope that makes sense.

EDIT:

I think I read (from @mufasa) that you must not have the track highlighted when wanting to remove from playlist. Not sure but either way, you can follow my method which works. Just be aware that if you remove from playlist, the track will not be visible if it isn’t in another playlist. It will be in collection & will need search function to recall it (not ideal because you will not remember these tracks).

You can only remove from playlist in the main collection view, the reason for this is that it will affect all drives that are connected and have that playlist name.

If you packed tracks to your drive, then use ‘remove from drive’ in the drive panel view if you only want to remove the track from that drive, and not other drives.

2 Likes

Hello “Demon” DJs :slight_smile: that’s exactly my problem. Got more playlists. Wanna remove a track from one list but not from the drive. This is a really massive inconvenience. Hope this will be fixed with 2.0.2

1 Like

Gotcha, thx Miggidy Mike!

I have a Prime 4 and the only I can delete from playlist is tapping on editing/pencil on the Prime 4, swipe left the track I want to remove and I get the option to remove from playlist. There’s no way for me to remove when using Engine desktop. I get the same options as dazdisco. I don’t want to remove from collection, I just want to move from a particular playlist

Dear @ djccruz and @ exwookie,

I had the same problem in Engine DJ 2.0.2. and posted my question here as follows:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/confirmed-engine-dj-2-0-playlists/35433/23

@ mufasa was so kind as to assist me, phps. it may the solution for your issue as well.

Try it out and good luck.

Brgds

BeatMaster

Hello DenonDemons :slight_smile: This shows the option on the computer which I was aware… I’m creating playlists on the device itself when on the GO :wink: I would like to remove a track (not delete from storage) when using the controller only.

Good day @exwookie,

this should be no problem, I just tried on the Prime 4 in a running procedure as follows:

Go to the playlist with the track you want to remove

touch the symbol on top with pencil and lines (the circles at the tracks must appear)

touch the track, you want to remove, and hold the track till it fixed

move it to left and then you are requested to remove

go for it

at last, check in your collection, if the track is still available

btw: If you are not sure, how to proceed, take an separat USB-Stick as test environment

Good luck and brgds

BeatMaster P1161156 P1161157

1 Like