Remote library on v3.0.0 times out

Hi guys,

The remote library sounds super exciting, but I can’t get it to work. After accepting the connection from my Prime 4 in Engine DJ Desktop, the Prime sits there waiting for ages

until it eventually times out:

I’m connected via Wifi. Is there anything I could do to diagnose further? I’ve rebooted both the iMac and the Prime, but no luck.

Cheers, Sam

Firewall enabled on the Mac ?

1 Like

Good point, but no. I don’t have the firewall on

Layer 2 isolation on the WiFi maybe?

Possible to try a direct connection with an Ethernet cable ?

Hey, is there any devices sitting between your MAC and the actual rooter (maybe also build in wifi)?

I had and TP Link wifi router between my PC and the acual rooter which my player’s are connection to via wifi.

I had problems with it and assume its about multicast and that stuff. I had to remove the TP link in order get this work. Ofcourse the correct settings for the TP link are needed in order to work.

Yeah, Ethernet connection works. Thank you!

Even though the Ethernet cable works, it’s not my preference to have a cable hooked in. I’m still a bit puzzled, because my iMac is connected via Wifi, so Wifi <-> eth works, but Wifi <-> Wifi doesn’t (which sort of rules out layer 2 isolation).

I went through my router settings but couldn’t find anything suspicious.

If Denon put some more details about the protocol (required ports etc.) in the manual that would help diagnosing. I assume discovery is multicast (which seems to work as I can see my iMac on the Prime 4) but then after that it’s unicast?

Both the iMac and the Prime connect directly to the wifi router

1 Like

I had similar problems and asked an admin about it. His answer: “Check if multicast or IGMP is enabled on the switch.”

After I got rid of the tp link wifi switch in between of my PC and Router, the connection worked fine. I really assume its a little setting in the router… It would be nice to get some more information about which settings are nessecary for this to work - for everyone who encounters issues with it.

That was me, I think. :blush:

In most home networks multicast or IGMP is on. Sonos, Ring etc. all use this network broadcast feature to transmit data all over the network.

In a professional environment, you don’t want this extra traffic unless needed. However, home networks become more and more complex and digest, so manufacturers tend to put pro settings as default in their home devices.

I hope to have explained it a bit.

1 Like

Yes, it was him :smiley: :saluting_face:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.