Relocate, delete missing tracks solution

Hope this gets implemented in the software

1 Like

That’s weird, do you have a folder named Music in your Music folder? Are you using a Windows or a Mac PC?

That’s nice, contact me if you need any help maybe we could do it together :slightly_smiling_face:

That would be cool!

1 Like

No, I only have one music folder.

If I write my own tool I’ll let you know!

@DJGK sorry but I can’t manage to start it up. I think the problem is with java. After installing Java I restarted my laptop.

in cmd i typed “java -jar”. then I drag dropped Engine Prime Helper 1.1 then, enter.

this is what happend:

C:\Users\walte>java -jar"C:\Users\walte\Downloads\Engine Prime helper 1.0.exe" Unrecognized option: -jarC:\Users\walte\Downloads\Engine Prime helper 1.0.exe Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

The helper file is an exe file. So I tried double click. Then I got a pop-up with:

"No Java? Java has not been found on your computer. Do you want to download it?"

I allready installed java 2 or 3 times. How can this happen?

I’m doing something wrong. Can you help me out?

Never Mind. I got it working. I just got the wrong file… I found the jar file

1 Like

Hi!!! Great work.

Still not solved? I’m using Mac. Having my music files initially in the internal hard drive, then, the new ones in an external Hard Drive, I want to move everything to the external, as long as I bought I new Mac and I want to move the music and continue adding and syncing with Prime 4.

Thank you.

I guess that the only option so far now, is to pay at least one month the Rekordcloud soft, move it, and then continue working with the external hard drive. Right?

2 Likes

This did not work for me, I tried to move my collection from the D:\ to the C:\ It said it had done but the files were still red in EP and the location was still the old one. Possibly something to do with there being databases on d:\engine library and c:\users\xyz\music\engine library?

Yes, this is not as simple as that, unfortunately.

You can see the discussion here Move Engine Prime Library to External Drive - #19 by The_Double_V

I’m testing a tool to solve it.

1 Like

@DJGK: is version 1.1 the latest? Just asking before trying the wrong one.

@jobo yes version 1.1 is the latest. Unfortunately I haven’t had the time to update it due to university projects and whatnot. @j141 I’ll check it out when I have time, see the link that @The_Double_V provided in the meantime. Hope Denon provides a permanent solution in the future :grin:

2 Likes

No worries. I will try it anyway. And I can always revert to a backup, if it doesn’t work. Will keep you posted. And forgot to tell: I only want to remove missing files anyway. No relocation required.

1 Like

@DJGK: removing missing files works like a charm, just tested it with an external drive. Thanks for your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jobo Your welcome :slightly_smiling_face: glad it worked as it should :grin:

Hey I wanted to give people a heads up. I attempted to repair a single missing file on a Mac with this and it instantly corrupted my database. I hadn’t backed up in about a week so I was terrified I was out a couple hundred tracks. Fortunately Backblaze saved my ass.

But yeah, I’m not much of a coder so no idea how to get more in depth with what happened, other than to say using the Java version on a Mac ltierally instantly corrupted my database.

Best if you just get an sqlite editor to actually edit the database manually, it is relatively simple, just read up.

will do, but still seems like it’s past time Denon addresses this

1 Like

You’re not the only one that thinks this.

Seems like with Denon it’s always a battle between what features customers actually want, and what features are great marketing material.

I downloaded the SQlite Browser and was looking into changing the file location within the M.db file of a track that EP could not locate.

Of course I made a copy of the file before changing anything. It seems there are 2 changes that need to be made to the file table in order for EP to be able to find the file. As @dzejms mentioned, it’s not that hard but would be a very tedious task for a large number of tracks.

It seems the file listing in the db does not refer to a specific drive letter but does reference the folder structure of where the file is located. So not sure how it tracks the drive letter of where the file is located.

Indeed. I haven’t tried this useful tool yet, I was just about to describe the issue and found this thread :slight_smile:

Engine 1.6.1 only highlights missing files in red and rely on your file management skills and perseverance to keep your crates and playlists up-to date.

File monitoring would be better by keeping the Engine library up-to-date when files are moved or added in the library,

a) Or a function to retrieve and select missing files to either find their new location or delete them.

b) Or the possibility to move files within Engine to keep track of the changes.

c) Files added in the device or library could be automatically listed in a dynamic “new tracks” playlist - at this occasion the progress of their analysis could be observed in real time.

In relation with the above, the job monitor could be simplified without distinguishing “running” and “queued” jobs and without breaking the eyes (…).

hi, where can i download this please? the video in you OP seems to be obstructing some text, presumably the links.

I have several files “missing” due to moving a load of folders, stupidity on an unprecedented scale!

thank you :slight_smile: