RekordBox Memory Cues, Loops & Auto Loops

Maybe cdjs should probably just be left to the clubs. In a way you know what’s gonna be there when ever you go to one. Those decks are pretty simple and the denon layout is almost the same. You can always move them aside and put your own sanitized gear in.

The rane 12’s seem to be doing well and so seems the rane one. Also a lot of good djs still use turntables.

The point is they don’t. They want to sell expensive CDJs ^^ Also I said “the closest possible”, not “the same”. In the end one just needs decent hardware (like SC players an d CDJ3000) and good firmware (which is still quite a bit away in any product I know of).

Yeah, wrong again. Memory Cues aren’t an issue for sure. They are a feature to a large extend of people so what the heck are we even discussing about. It has its uses, its been there for almost 20 years, therefore it should be an absolute no-brainer to implement when you want to make competition to an industry standard. Absolutely no discussion needed. every marketing director in their right might would do so…

Again I don’t think so. Most of the product properties of SC series are clearly from a certain standalone player and not a controller. the only reason we haven’t had performance pads in standalone has been cpu power for a long time (until about 10 years ago) and then pioneer being a lazy monopolist another 10 years.

1 Like

Memory cues are a relict of past, where a lot of hot cues were not possible. So they made memory cues. To jump to points in track fast, but still without playback. Hot cues were a problem back then… Today memory cues are becoming obsolete. They should be replaced by custom time markers with single word description.

3 Likes

Already debunked as complete, horst sh*t several times now. :rofl: :joy:

All I see is the same old few spouting the same old BS.

Your opinion on Mem Cue’s is wrong and outdated. They serve much much more than just visual markers and jump points.

No they’re not, they’re the industry standard at Pro Club level. There are more Pro DJ’s using Cue Points weeks in week out than Denon DJ has sold units over the last 5 years.

Isn’t that already partially what they do? So all you’re really saying is you want to add on to it’s current feature set :rofl: :laughing:

Your ignorance is truly bliss …

I’m done! :sweat_smile:

So what do they serve more? Just checked and can’t find more than that. Even in cdj manual it says that these are visual markers and start points. Nothing more, nothing less.

Perhaps try reading the rest of this thread. Or failing that, perhaps you should visit other threads on the matter that you bombarded with your same old BS.

I’ve explained this numerous times now over several threads on numerous occasions.

It’s clear that you do NOT want to listen, and all you want to do is punch down the idea of a Mem Cue / Auto Loop / Beat Count Down system similar to RekordBox/Pioneer.

Nope, you don’t get it. Read what I wrote.

Anyway the count down system - can be done still to a visual marker

Auto loop - didn’t said nothing about it. Auto loop is a feature I would be very happy with here.

You can’t argue with these guys. You’re on the Traktor forums sometimes can you can remember anyone requesting men cues on cdj hid support? Or any other software that that has hid support for cdjs.

People who moved over to software from pioneer cdjs somehow managed to live without it. Maybe they found using pads for their cues was better than the pioneers cueing system.

Hot cues are memory cues.

1 Like

And if you actually understood how Mem Cue works fully within RekordBox instead of the outdated opinion you have, you’d realise it is all linked together.

Honestly I’m done on the matter because all you and two others on here want to do is disagree with the idea and punch down on it time and time again.

Just accept that MemCue is the club industry standard and regardless of whether you use it or not, others do and many want it within the Denon eco-system. If you can’t then move on from this thread and all the others asking for it that you attack each time.

Accept other DJ’s want features that you may not, it’s as simple as that - move on!

#LordGiveMeStrength

Well, I play very often on CDJ’s and I ise rekordbox to prepare the usb’s for it. I owned 4 setups of these decks (cdj2000nexus, nexus2) before going to prime system. I used memory cues, and I know how they work. I find hot cues more useful.

Memory cues are not the industry standard. Don’t make here false statements. Even jog wheels are not industry standard (you have different sizes, static and rotating, touch or button too, or some controllers have no jog wheels at all, and… omg, a turntable has no jog wheel, it’s a platter with vinyl on it…). But Hot cues are (present on every dj player and software, yes also reloop, numark, american audio, citronic, stanton and many more). Play and cue buttons are industry standard.

In other words - been there, done that. Denon is not pioneer and never will be.

4 Likes

Pioneer is the club industry standard FACT.

All modern CDJ’s use Mem Cue FACT.

Only a vinyl DJ’s can be the exception.

Don’t dare tell me that controller/software users are the club standard.

Why do you keep confusing Hot Cue’s for Mem Cue’s?

Carry on with your pathetic anti-mem cue/CDJ agenda all you wish because Denon hardware is best, and it’s software / OS is second to NON eh? No need to change anything or have other DJ’s request any features. It works for a minority on here, so why change a thing. #Perfection

Seriously I’m done. You’re on mute.

You completely miss the point of this conversation…

Same old story. Every DJ device on the planet doesn’t have (…and, doesn’t have to have) every feature that every other DJ device on the planet has on it.

Also, the words of advice also becoming more and more frequently used (thankfully); if a model doesn’t have a feature on it that you rely on, don’t buy that product.

3 Likes

I still don’t get it though, and I’m not trying to get into an argument with you about this, and I’m not being pro-Denon or anti-Pio. The post you link to doesn’t show why you are getting so bent out of shape about mem cues, so please explain, without stropping, what we are missing out on by not having them. This is my summary, so far, of what I’ve read on the 4 (or is it 5) threads about this:-

• Mem cues have a countdown, so you know it is coming (currently not possible on the Denons)
  • you can trigger a loop in advance (also not possible on Denons, but there’s no reason loop cues shouldn’t do this, it did, once, in a firmware update)
  • you can jump to a mem cue without starting the track from that point (possible on the Denons by changing settings)

Please add anything that I’ve missed (don’t point me to another post, or a manual, or the Internet), I’m all for things that can improve my DJing, if there’s a “skill” the Denons don’t have, then why the hell haven’t we?

5 Likes

When pioneer released the nexus v1 it only had 3 pads (buttons lol) for cues when mostly every other ecosystem were using 8 pad cues. So users had to get ‘creative’ with mem cues and hold it up like winning lottery ticket calling it industry standard. :joy: (it’s only standard if everyone else has it as standard too.)

Most of the big name artist for pioneer uses them for triggering loops and visual markers.

Most Traktor users use their hot cues like how pioneer users use mem cues. Auto cue, loop cue, drop, fade in fade out markers but without going ad hoc.

Most of us however use hot cues for the same thing. Something the campaigners don’t understand.

2 Likes

Facts;

• the feature has already been requested.
  • implementation (or not) of the feature is decided internally at Denondj/InMusic
  • 100 repeated complains by one or two users in public forum will not affect their decision.

Pro (free) tip of the day:

Ways to use time spent (lost) complaining about a missing/differently implemented feature:

• learn a skill that will compensate the “missing feature”
  • adapt your workflow

You’ll be a better DJ, and less boring.

5 Likes

Right, so all the more reason to request it for Denon.

Again all the more reason to request Mem Cue.

And by using that setting, you lose the ability to hot cue, so if you want to do both in one track you have to surf through menu settings. Not ideal whatsoever. So again, all the more reason to have Mem Cue for Denon.

PS. I’m here to try to make Denon better, not to compare who has the biggest club gear d*ck.

KaiThanxBai

2 Likes

Not all are confused.

Think about it for a sec. We all know you want to import your hard work you did in the pioneer ecosystem with the same workflow. Nobody is against that and denon has and is incrementally getting there.

Hot cues are exactly the same as mem cues.

You got to go through a multi step process to call up a single mem cue while having them on pads they are all there available at the same time. You’re gonna call that industry standard.

The only difference is access to them and the pioneer way of access them are 100% obsolete.

How’s firmware updating for your cdj3000’s going btw?

1 Like

I believe this has been requested

I requested this in 2017

So if you use hot cues, then press the hot cue and press stop, it’s not hard.

So, are you saying, that there is nothing else to add to what memory cues can do? It’s purely for these 3 things?

What are you, 6?

3 Likes

There is a trade off between pioneer and denon. I think in a couple of future updates more pioneerish features will be added to Engine dj.

When it’s finally ‘arrives’ I hope to see Engine Os used in non Denon brands. In a deck like this.

Gemini just add the plastic mem cue buttons and you’re good to go.