RekordBox Memory Cues, Loops & Auto Loops

Hello @D.Touch Welcome to the forum.

Try rekordcloud, maybe it can help.

1 Like

No, . . .

As There is only 1 line of 8 buttons for both Hot Cues and Loops in the CDJ, looks like Denon cannot « see » if it’s a hot cue or a loop… That is so bad, because that means re-do all the loops for each track and erase the non hot cues that were loops in RKB and appear in Hot Cues in Denon.

I kinda like the CDJ 3000 way of handling hot cues and loops on the same level. Only 8 buttons for both, but for me, that’s enough. Of course, the SC 6000 has way more features and is more complete than the CDJ 3000.

Thé other important point, if not the major point is having the Denon’s at home and have to go play on CDJ’s in a bar, club, etc. I hate having to deal with exporting the collection from Engine, import it in RKB, etc. Even if there are third parties softwares such as recordcloud, that’s stressful and as I’ve read on what rekordcloud does, that does not solve the problem of the loops not being transferable from a platform to the other…

The only way of having a full compatibility would be to use Serato (that I use since years on controllers) or Virtual DJ ? :frowning:

Of course, the best thing would be to be able to get a pair of SC 6000 at the bar or the club by demand but that’s not gonna happen in 90% of cases, unless for big name DJ’S, and even for them, the promoter will have to be able to find them in rental.

TO SUMMARIZE

• Rekordbox HotCues and Memory Cues are imported to Engine Prime’s Hot Cue slots

• Rekordbox Hot Loops and Memory Loops are imported to Engine Prime’s Saved Loops slots

Just tested it

Saved Hot Loops in Rekordbox are imported to Loops in Engine Prime

Rekordbox Hotcues = Engine Prime Hotcues

RBX Hot Loops (ie Loops saved in Hotcues) = Engine Prime Saved Loops

Further info

Rekordbox Memory Loops (ie Loops saved in “Memory”) = Engine Prime Saved Loops

Rekordbox Memory Cues = Engine Prime Hot Cues

Evidence :arrow_double_down:

4 Likes

Engine 2.0 pretty much ‘road killed’ most of the op’s grievances.

3 Likes

EP or EDJ 2.0 as it’s calling itself now still does not support Memory Cue “Auto Loops” but the steps made are progress but far, far from a road kill of such a needed feature supported within EDJ 2.0 when importing from RekordBox.

:innocent:

So this thread will remain unsolved until EDJ 2.0 delivers the rest of the order …

I read in another thread it’s coming, which is great to hear. But so is tomorrow, and yet it never arrives.

So let’s wait and see …

Though judging by the amount of posts made on the forum today regarding issues and bugs with EDJ 2.0 and half of them showing as “UNDER REVIEW” I don’t see it being anytime soon …

I’ll keep fingers crossed, though.

Defo. Someone on the forum staff is going to have a hell of a lot of fun editing a lot of the posts in the request section to say = Implemented =

1 Like

Don’t forget the ones labeled “Confirmed”

And don’t forgot the ones marked ‘Solved’

1 Like

This! Some kind of marking (like the memory cues accomplished) is also immensely helpful for smooth mixing of techno like I do. So I really would love to see Rekordbox compatible Mercues and auto loops implemented (if you do it, do it the right way, not with a new proprietary standard)

I really love my SC6000Ms (paired with Xone 96 and some effect stomp boxes) way over Pioneer CDJs of any generation (overpriced mediocre hardware imo). But some standards they set over the last 20 years are just so important too many people, so it would be wise to implement them. Generally Rekordbox is THE industry standard for preparing sets, so all data that is created and requested by users from there should be useable. I really don’t get it how anyone can argue on that for real. Just don’t use it if you’re a newcomer and for other reasons don’t need it. When coming into a market with one dominant player, the only way to make serious competition is this! marketing 101.

man this is awesome: not getting the full feature set I hoped for, but I guess at least I can use Rekordbox (and be able to play somewhere else, where its likely gonna be on CDJs when I can’t or don’t want to bring my own stuff).

Only problem that persists for me is that 8 HotCue/MemCue points combined isn’t much. I like to mark several drops to get into or out of a track with (Mem)Cues/Markers whatever. Why not add a second bank while you’re at it (accessible via Shift + Hotcue, Hotcue button changes color when second bank is selected; please tell me at buttons on the 6000s got RGB Backlighting?!)

Also has there been changes about the bar counter? I’m gonna try some things myself, as soon as im able to.

Why not do it the industry standard way? There are parameter buttons on the denon deck so muscle memory can be kept for those who really want it to be like the industry standard.

Would also be fine with me.

But in this special case I really would like to adopt the “industry standard” (which is by far the best move Denon can make for their ecosystem, revenue and relevance in Dj soothes worldwide) and maybe even evolve while at it. Indeed Pioneer is a reaaaaaally slow company when it comes to thinking about improving any of their stuff beyond what it already is. Of course they are – because why wouldn’t they be, when there’s no competition :wink: No reason to not question if it can be implemented in a compatible but yet better way (which is probably possible given pioneers innovation speed :wink: )

Denon players need to offer everything the pioneer does and possible even more (which they already do in many ways), then they really have the chance to stay and spread. otherwise majority of people and clubs espsecially will keep buying the “industry standard” because opportunity cost is just too high…

Culture probably has a lot to do with peoples view on what’s standard. The DJ industry is not dominated by pioneer cdjs. Maybe only the club scene to an extent and it has a decent share in festivals and less for end users. However they do sell lots of controllers though and have a good market share there.

Do you believe Serato is the industry standard for DJ’s? A lot of people think it is and serato claims it also.

Take it all with a grain of salt. Everyone wants to be above standard when they do things now.

1 Like

Haha yes, regarding this everyone lives in their own “bubble” for sure.

In my case that’s the “techno bubble” where CDJs are used everywhere, especially when things get professional. Most other people own a pioneer controller which more or less mimics a CDJ. Many of my friends actually bought the DDJ1000 exactly for that reason, its the cheapest way to mimic CDJ workflow. So I would say, for media players priced in the 4 digits range (which screeeams PROFESSIONAL): Yes, Pioneer CDJs are the industry standard. On the amateur/semi pro market, things are different of course, but that’s not the 6000s target market anyway, so it shouldn’t be an argument imo. Granted, Denon obviously uses the same standalone software on a wider (and “further down”) range with the P2 and P4, but everything what comes to the software globally would be just another KILLER feature for those then, unheard of in the respective price range.

As for total market shares I really don’t have a clue, but my feeling would be Serato, Rekordbox and VirtualDJ are probably what I see an equal amount of people using outside my bubble. This is just how it feels to me though.

1 Like

It’s worth noting here that the DDJ 1000 does not provide direct access to memory cues or loops, which I think complicates your line of thinking here. The device also has a bunch of controller-esque features that a lot of folks coming up will be used to — features that are absent on CDJs (for now …). I think the DDJ shows that Pioneer is actually trying to marry the controller workflow and the traditional CDJ workflow, but recognizes that they have to leave some concepts behind in order to make that work.

In my experience as someone coming up from pioneer controllers, the memory cue / hot cue distinction on CDJs is really confusing. One of the great benefits of being a new player in the market is that you can streamline some of the legacy issues that the incumbent has, and Denon is doing just that by going all in on hot cues and leaving memory cues behind.

Also, while I agree that Denon gear in general is not targeted at the low end of the market, the truth is that these days most any DJ that ends up a pro started on a controller. Given that, you can build a new, forward-thinking professional business by making devices that work within the controller paradigm, and I think this is exactly Denon’s approach.

1 Like

Maybe cdjs should probably just be left to the clubs. In a way you know what’s gonna be there when ever you go to one. Those decks are pretty simple and the denon layout is almost the same. You can always move them aside and put your own sanitized gear in.

The rane 12’s seem to be doing well and so seems the rane one. Also a lot of good djs still use turntables.

The point is they don’t. They want to sell expensive CDJs ^^ Also I said “the closest possible”, not “the same”. In the end one just needs decent hardware (like SC players an d CDJ3000) and good firmware (which is still quite a bit away in any product I know of).

Yeah, wrong again. Memory Cues aren’t an issue for sure. They are a feature to a large extend of people so what the heck are we even discussing about. It has its uses, its been there for almost 20 years, therefore it should be an absolute no-brainer to implement when you want to make competition to an industry standard. Absolutely no discussion needed. every marketing director in their right might would do so…

Again I don’t think so. Most of the product properties of SC series are clearly from a certain standalone player and not a controller. the only reason we haven’t had performance pads in standalone has been cpu power for a long time (until about 10 years ago) and then pioneer being a lazy monopolist another 10 years.

1 Like

Memory cues are a relict of past, where a lot of hot cues were not possible. So they made memory cues. To jump to points in track fast, but still without playback. Hot cues were a problem back then… Today memory cues are becoming obsolete. They should be replaced by custom time markers with single word description.

3 Likes

Already debunked as complete, horst sh*t several times now. :rofl: :joy:

All I see is the same old few spouting the same old BS.

Your opinion on Mem Cue’s is wrong and outdated. They serve much much more than just visual markers and jump points.

No they’re not, they’re the industry standard at Pro Club level. There are more Pro DJ’s using Cue Points weeks in week out than Denon DJ has sold units over the last 5 years.

Isn’t that already partially what they do? So all you’re really saying is you want to add on to it’s current feature set :rofl: :laughing:

Your ignorance is truly bliss …

I’m done! :sweat_smile:

So what do they serve more? Just checked and can’t find more than that. Even in cdj manual it says that these are visual markers and start points. Nothing more, nothing less.