Problems with the recording Prime 2

It has happened to me a couple of times that in the Prime 2 recording the set on the flash drive it has stopped by mistake after 50 minutes. Why is this happening?

If you have formatted your flash drive in Fat32, there is a good chance that the recording will stop.

Read this Song loading issue - #3 by DrLastContaQt TLDR You need fast and stable USB, preferably SanDisk Pro USB or SD

Only 2 possible reasons for this.

1, your flash drive has run out of space. 2, you’ve loaded a online track e.g Tidal into your deck, this would stop all recording instantly.

Can’t really see why it would stop ? if you have recorded data on your hard drive already, if there was a problem, it wouldn’t start in the first instance surely ? :person_shrugging:

1. there was enough space/I didn’t load any tracks (I only have beatport link)
  2. The flash drive works smoothly, the tracks on this drive load quickly, and the recording starts correctly. I’m going to try recording to the hard drive on the Prime 2 Thank you for helping. Greetings

The USB is normal, that may be the cause, I’ll try a new faster one. Thank you for helping. Greetings

1 Like

The flash drive contains the tracks and they are loaded without problem, it allows to start the recording perfectly but later it stops showing the message “error…” I don’t remember exactly now. Thanks for answering. Greetings

Had the same problem. Faster and more stable USB stick (or SD card) will resolve this problem. In my case it never come back :slight_smile:

Speaking from a pure photography perspective here, I upgraded to UHS-II SD cards and now the buffer on my camera is much shorter than it was and it’s able to maintain burst rate for longer so never underestimate just how much difference there is in performance of flash drives.

Similarly my old USB sticks used to take an age to sync in RB where as my new 3.0 is like 1/2 the time.

Perfect, thanks a lot friend !!!

1 Like

Ok, thanks, I’ll take note mate.