Prime4+ slows down after some time of use

Ja mam i prime 4 i Prime 4 Plus( nowy od tygodnia) nawet przywracanie ustawień fabrycznych mało daje. W nowej wersji która nadejdzie v4.5 ma być zmiana w zakresie zapisywania miejsca grafik (okładek) . Ale wiadomo że to nie wszystko bo nawet widziałem wielokrotnie na forach wypowiedzi informatyków którzy wprost mówią że największy problem leży w sposobie odczytu tagów a najbardziej obciążą system znaki , litery specjalne czyli inne niż angielskie , odpowiadające dla innych języków. Powinni tym się zająć. O dziwo z serwisów streamingowych w moim przypadku Tidal, działa 2 razy szybciej niż z wewnętrznej bazie Engine. Okno przewija się płynnie i nie zacina tak jak na lokalnej bazie. Przypomnę że mam i P4 i P4 plus

hi everyone, been reading this with interest as I’m trying to resolve issues with crashes/restarts on a SC5000M. Thanks to this thread, I can at least get the diagnostics up, and it seems that my unit steadily climbs in heat, with just two tracks loaded, 1-2min loops set on each and just left playing to see what happens. Does anyone know what “zone 1” refers to if not CPU? It seems my unit gets to 68 degrees celcius, and crashes. It’s done this twice through today. So I am planning to repalce the thermal paste in the hope that it helps, but not sure if the zone 1 temp reading is something else entirely?

My Prime 4 can reach over 70, and at least related to that, I hadn’t encountered any issue yet. I had situations in summer (still being in shade), where the rear underside of the chassis itself got very hot, even though I was using ‘extended feet’ to raise the entire unit. I had no crashes, though.

thanks, okay, I wonder if the zone 1 temp is a good measure of exactly whats going on? Given Denon don’t seem interested in supporting these machines any more, I wish they’d make the service docs available.

hey Reese, any guidance on what ‘zone 1’ temperature actually refers to in the diagnostics?

I don’t know tbh. I’m not an engineer of these devices.

thanks for getting back. I wish there was a bit more support or documentation for these machines, really feels like inmusic have just left them for dead.

Carefully read the comment section under this post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/denondjprimeseries/posts/4435964286636433

He’s not from InMusic, but like you and me a member of this community.

That isn’t the reason, as, for example, I don’t have any tracks longer than 10 minutes in my library, neither I’ve played long tracks, so this definitely isn’t the reason

Way to go! Got myself a similar DIY solution that powers on with the unit over USB and that has been working without any issues within a Flightcase for over a year now. Had to make some additional cutouts of the foam to enable proper air circulation and the switch allows me to increase cooling (and noise to som degree) during summer.

(Second cable with dial is for Headphone-Cue to limit max. Volume further than having headphone gain at -10db on the device. Also protects the Jack-Output due to permanent installation)

I approve of this scuffed mod. RIght on!

Instead of this mod, you could replace the cooling paste on the CPU and it would be as good as new.

Yeah, that guy sent me his data base and we went thru it together on a videocall to figure out what was going on. After removing Polish characters, his data base started to work better. Further stripping down the artwork improved the performance even further. It was documented already by other users that these things help.

That was more of a precaution as i was worried about permanent operation surrounded by foam within a flightcase. Didnt run into issues before eighter.

That is a solution for long term.