Prime2 recording

hello guys,while I’m using prime2 i found that I can’t record my set to sata ssd in the bay. however i can use my ssd to record set if i plug the ssd to USB flash disk interface.does this ever happen to you and is there any suggestions?

I haven’t tried to record on mine yet, but I was planning on using an old 16gb SD card when I did. I wasn’t comfortable with having it writing to the same drive that my music is on.

Doesn’t solve your problem but just giving my own thoughts on why I’d want it separate.

1 Like

What was Your music source?

Safe way is to record not on device, that is Yours music source. After using multiple USB sticks I recommende to buy fast SD card like SanDisk Extreme Pro to avoid low transfer issues.

3 Likes

But if he is using any streaming as a source - record is also not possible.

3 Likes

using usb and sata bay seems to be the same …unable to start recording to the sata bay…

Thanks,Is it smooth when you use the sd card to record? Maybe I should play the music in the ssd and record my set to the sd card

1 Like

I think you are right,this caused my prime2 encoder break down last time…though it’s not a serious problem

But are You using local files or streaming the music?

1 Like

Read this Song loading issue - #3 by DrLastContaQt

1 Like

I see. yesterday i know what my problem is. The name of our SSD should not contain any non-English words,otherwise it cannot be used for recording.

Thanks, the solid state drive I bought from Kioxia seems to be able to record and use it as a song source at the same time. My previous problem was that the SSD name had non-English words in it. But I think you are right, I will use them separately in the future, thank you for your suggestion

1 Like

I can echo use of an SD card for recording… i found the device can get into read issues when playing tracks (especially WAV/FLAC) from the same drive as you are recording.

Once i dedicate the SD to recording only, i have never had an issue.

2 Likes