Prime Go Mic EQ

Please ad a Mic EQ to Prime Go

This was already requested and answered - there is no firmware access to any eq for mics in prime go, neither for current or future firmware.

External mic eq hardware is required.

1 Like

There needs to be something in the future. My only Con on the Prime GO

It can’t happen on the current Go! There’s no firmware access/routing to the mic channel to “firmware apply” mic eq - ever.

However, this £20 plug-in eq will do the trick - the only option except going for a separate mic mixer with eq on that

@DjVerrett what mic are you using? I’ve heard DJs use a mic on the Prime Go with excellent results - no EQ required.

See here This mic works great with the Go

Works ok with my handheld Mics. For ceremony lapel mics it sounds like crap. I use all Shure Mics.

Well let’s face it, lapel mics aren’t for DJing. If you’re doing that kind of thing, a separate mic mixer feeding the aux would be the way to go.

This is another option, I use it to bridge my connection to the house system as a failsafe.

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0576

1 Like

Lapel mics are used for wedding ceremonies.

They are, to record the ceremony. Where does a prime go fit into this? Don’t lapel mics connect to whatever camera system is being used to record the ceremony? Or are you talking about the speeches?

Either way, wire them up to a sub mixer like the one I linked above and you will have much better control over the audio than any DJ controller would provide.

No there for the guest to here them speak

Ok, so the point still stands, run them through a sub mixer like the one I linked above, much more control over them then.

I use the Yamaha MG06. It has 2 XLR mic/line inputs and L/R XLR outputs. I run two mics to the inputs and pan channel 1 hard left and channel 2 hard right. Then run the left XLR out to mic 1 and the right XLR out to mic 2 on the Denon Prime Go.

1 Like

Is it friendly to a first-time user?

A sub mixer? yes they are pretty easy to use, you just have to gain an understanding of the audio routing, and of course have the correct cables to do the connection (XLR to Jack, Jack to XLR)