Playlists not being recognized in sync manager

I tried all last night to get some new and also some updated playlists to upload to my prime 4.

However After doing the normal Denon explained process to update iTunes in 3.0.1 version of engine DJ clicking the resync button next to iTunes library in engine DJ and it finding the playlists in engine DJ and completes the process. But when I try to right click and import as playlist it gives me no options to do that step. If I open the sync manager the new playlists are not shown in the sync manger. Why is this happening? Once they’re in engine DJ the sync manager should find them but its not finding anything at all. How can I correct this and make sure I get corrected I have wiped my internal drive on the prime 4 so I need answers asap as I have 3 big gigs this weekend thanks. And this will take about 3 hours just to get my music back on the drive but I’d like to have all the music on there correctly if someone can help me fix this issue much appreciated thanks

Is this new topic different from:

Playlist not recognized in sync manager - General Area - Engine DJ Community

Merge, move, delete?

I clue what you mean exactly? The playlists are in engine DJ under iTunes but for some reason they will not go to the engine side I need to know why it’s not doing this and since you can’t get Denon support on the phone to talk to them about it it takes a long time to get answers which is why I’m posting here

I meant that you created two similar topics with the same question. Or am I wrong?

Apart from my “forum tidy-up remark”, I cannot help you with your problem as I don’t use iTunes/iMusic. @mufasa perhaps?

This thread does appear not dissimilar to the other - other one.

The solution is the same. If they don’t work then he may need to contact support.

Nuke or Archive the “Engine Library Folder” and start again.

I got zero responses on how to fix this issue so I was trying to explain it differently so people would understand the issue and what I have done so far. I have been trying to get these play lists into engine DJ since I posted this and nothing is working and the 1 response I got was in Spanish which I can’t read and the other was so vague I have no clue what they mean because he didn’t explain what he meant. I need step by step instruction on what to do to correct this major problem since I have been trying for over a week now and nothing seems to be working. Therefore a vague answer since I think I’ve tried everything I can think of hasn’t worked and isn’t going to help me. My P4 internal drive is currently empty as I have wiped it but now of the updated or new playlist show up in the sync manager so what do I need to do in order to get them to show up in sync manager since I’ve done exactly what your supposed to do and yet the new and updated playlists do not show up in sync manager but are in the iTunes side in engine DJ why are the not moving into the engine DJ side so they appear in the sync manager so I can transfer or sync them into the prime 4???

Exit Engine DJ and Restart your computer

1. Go to your computers Music folder.

2. Rename the “Engine Library” folder to “Engine Library 2029”

3. Start iTunes

4. Share ITunes library as XML

5. Exit ITunes

6. Start Engine DJ App on your computer

7. You should be met with an Empty library

8. Go to settings in Engine App on computer

9. Choose the iTunes XML file you created

10. Close Engine App settings

11. Click on Engine DJ app iTunes tab

12. Refresh ITunes collection in Engine DJ. Wait till it’s completed.

13. Right click on the collection and choose add to Engine Collection. Wait till it’s completed.

14. When it’s completed, check if your all your playlist made it over in the Engine collection

If you want to speed things up before you start disable “auto analysis” in Engine DJ app on computer

1 Like

Ok that is one way to do it I guess. But why does engine DJ do things like this? My library is not corrupt it just for some reason it won’t take in the new playlists into the engine side in engine DJ. I can’t understand why engine DJ does this. When it works fine in iTunes in any media player on serato etc Engine DJ needs to look into why this continues to happen. In addition to the amount of corruption that happens in engine DJ. Bit does not happen anywhere else either? I have also noticed that engine DJ runs the hell out of any computer it would be great if they could make it so the engine DJ program is not so taxing on any laptop which I guess will come in time as all other DJ programs have learned over the years to not tax tue cpu but engine DJ as it is currently taxes tue cpu ridiculously at tue present time this should looked into and fixed as well this im sure would help everyone with less computer issues.

As far as I’m aware, that sync function from other software is only meant to be there as an initial data load and not a way of managing and updating your library. You’ll need to manually add those new playlists into your engine library then add the new music into them before using sync manager to update the prime 4.

You need to realise the ‘iTunes library’ that you see updating after the sync isn’t the same as your ‘engine library’ that is what your prime 4 is updated from.

1 Like

You might also consider heading to the Serato forum to see how many threads there are relating to performance and CPU usage, things don’t seem to be as rosy on there as you’re implying.

Engine has been working fine for me as far as performance goes.

But it is the same if you turn on iTunes in engine DJ it pulls all playlists made in iTunes into engine DJ. The normal process is once the playlist is there you right click it and it should say import playlist. But in this case it is not giving me any option to import the playlist at all and the ones that are already there in engine if updated with new music in iTunes when you resync the iTunes in engine DJ will auto update with the new music you added to them in iTunes without having to do this process above. I’m my case the new playlists are in the iTunes section in engine DJ but they are never moved into the engine DJ side which then means it doesn’t show in the sync manager which is a major problem. That is the correct process which I know it is cuz before Denon removed phone support they told me that this is the correct way of doing it. If that is true and according to Denon it is, why is it not working the way it is supposed to???

Have you tried creating an empty playlist of the same name in the engine library before trying to use the right click import as playlist option?

I’ve read the instruction manual and I can’t see any specific reference to updating new playlists from an external library, only the initial import.

I’m not back in the UK until tomorrow so I can’t test it myself to see how the process works.

Yes I have tried that. So you’re saying I can’t add a new playlist in iTunes and then resync the iTunes library in engine DJ? When this was told to me be Denon to do this once you have iTunes turned on in the engine DJ software? You’re saying it’s not possible to add new music? That is incorrect. I have added new music to iTunes playlists in iTunes and then opened engine DJ and resync the iTunes library in engine DJ by hitting tje resync button in engine DJ and then used sync manager to move them to my prime 4 and it worked perfectly up until now I added a new playlist and renamed an old one and now both the new one and the renamed one do not show up on the engine side in sync manager but they worked perfectly fine before this. These little glitches in engine DJ is what they need to hammer out and make the software not tax the hell out of any laptop it should never tax a computer this badly but unfortunately as of now it does. It really kills the cpu too. It should not be this difficult to make happen it should be a very simple and straight forward process but it has caused nothing but problems for the last week and a half and I still have zero music on my internal drive in the prime 4 hour until I can get this figured out. With 2 gigs in the same day this weekend it’s gotta be figured out soon/today so I have time to use sync manager to get my music back into the prime 4 before my first of 2 gigs on the same day first one starting at 5am. HELP!

Just use a manual workaround to get the music on the drives in time for the gig. You can worry about Engine desktop not doing what it should afterwards.

I did that last week and ran a limited library off of 2 flash drives it. I need that my internal 4TB SSD right and stop having issues related to engine DJ they need to fix it and trust me Serato DJ pro does not run anywhere near as taxing as engine DJ does and the funny part is sersto does more than engine does because it Serato DJ pro and virtual DJ and rekordbox box all do auto gain during the analyzation process and still it doesn’t tax the cpu as much as engine DJ does. Just so your aware.

Ive just opened Engine up and left it running on my computer and this is the activity monitor. There is over 86% of the CPU idle whilst it’s running, so where are you getting this ‘taxing my computer’ from?

To be honest im getting a little bit sick of your constant assertions that nobody on this forum knows what they are talking about, or have experience with other software aside from you. I’ve been using every iteration of Serato since 2007 on at least 6 different pieces of hardware, im also a long term Rekordbox user of over a decade.

Lets look at this situation here for a minute, most of us here manage to use multiple pieces of software on our computers with little issue, yet you come here to complain about your latest problem pretty much every other day… and yet you continually present yourself as some kind of fountain of knowledge, despite never being able to use your computer correctly.

Ive tried to be helpful and offer you suggestions, and now ive had enough of your bleating, so from now on you had better hope someone else jumps in to respond to you as im done with it, its beyond boring.

1 Like

I can’t speak for you or what you have or haven’t done. I have used probably every piece of software and hardware that you have used as well as many more since I’ve been doing this for over 40 years. I have never had these kinds of problems with rekordbox, virtual DJ, or Serato DJ pro, or any other recording software etc. none of these problems present themselves at all ever. But with Denon engine DJ they do present them selves all the time. For the amount of money paid for these products and then to be forced to use a community blog to get problems answered is kind of ridiculous. If I purchase any product I would expect you to be able to reach support by phone to fix the problem. Why do I complain because support by chat or email never works. I have emailed them countless times when I first started using engine DJ and do you know how many emails I have ever received back to help me with issues or understanding how engine actually works. Ahhh ZERO NONE crickets from Denon support still to this day none of any of the emails have been answered. So yes when this happens I get very upset that they never respond to anything sent to them and you can’t find anything online there videos are vague and never go in depth about anything at all. It’s surprising that a company that owns rane, Numark, Denon and many more companies don’t take the time to talk to there supporters the people that actually buy there products. If it takes months for them to answer them what is the point of even having supper at all. if I owned a company for tech stuff like this and needed tech support for whatever reason I’d make sure to have hired enough people to handle the calls because people that spend there hard earned money deserve that. No one deserves to be shoved into an email or a chat cue or have to go to a community blog to get answers for things that could potentially ruin the hardware because there not Denon company employees. But why should a large company like Denon care that I am having legit problems with there products that they refuse to fix or address I’m not the only one having these issues either I talk to plenty of other DJ’s using the prime 4, prime 2 and prime go having the same or similar issues. So it not just me my friend maybe I’m just the only one being vocal about it. Bit still the problems persist and should never be happening I am doing exactly what I was told to do but yet new playlists or updating of playlists seem to not be happening and I am doing nothing different then I was before. This is now going on 2 weeks without an answer from Denon except to say get through tjis event and then worry about it it’s been 2 week now that is unacceptable. It should be looked into and figured out as to why this is happening Bit to wait 2 weeks and again no response is a joke.

Hey. I’ve noticed that if a playlist is the same name as an existing play list you will not get an option to import it from iTunes. If you rename the playlist in your engine library you will then be able to reload the new updated play list. It’s annoying but that’s what I have done. Just can’t have the same name for a play list. Also. I’ve started to just create a new playlist for the engine database and then drag your songs into it from the iTunes play list. You can do this n directly on the drive too. Just create a new playlist and then drag all the songs in bulk from iTunes into your new play list folder. Sorry if this was already mentioned but it’s how I do it.

1 Like

Thank you. I have tried this and it does work. Even though we shouldn’t have to do it that way. The other thing I have noticed is when updating adding new music into a playlist on iTunes and then updating iTunes in engine DJ even though engine is set up to do it. It doesn’t seem to transfer the new or updated tracks you just have put into the playlist in iTunes when updating in engine DJ the songs again do not transfer at all. Are you having this same issue as well?