Philips Hue Lighting bridge is connected but lights aren't changing or responding

Well if that’s the case, the DMX lighting doesn’t work for me either. I can see it in the settings under Soundswitch, Micro USB to DMX, 1. Not sure why it says ‘Test’ next to it mind you?

I would say you should go check out some of the other threads that are more specific to DMX issues to see if there is anything about it that has already been resolved

Yeah I will do. Just thought it might build a bigger picture for anyone interested in resolving this issue. thanks

Hi @tipsypittsy - I’m that guy (Jason) :slight_smile:

Engine Lighting runs completely standalone, whereas in the past you needed to connect the computer running SoundSwitch via Ethernet. A computer is still needed for Pro mode to set up your venue, DMX fixtures, and custom or autoscript light shows. Philips Hue on the other hand does not require any software configuration or subscription.

If you haven’t used SoundSwitch before, and are interested in DMX, you may want to familiarize yourself with the product, features, workflow, etc. There are a bunch of great videos on their YouTube channel.

Here is a great place to start: SoundSwitch - The Best Way to Light your Event

Let’s keep this thread on topic Philips Hue.

Just to be double sure, your lights are Philips Hue brand and RGB capable? What model bridge and lights do you have?

Also, do you have any other Philips Hue syncing applications that could be running on your network?

I will confirm that I have 3x fully RGB Hue bulbs. I can also confirm that I made sure there were no other services trying to access the bulb. I’ve used Razer, Amazon Alexa, and Philip’s own Hue Sync and all were completely disabled. I even went as far as to completely power off any physical hardware that might be interacting with the ecosystem in any way.

1 Like

hmm, ok, you shouldn’t have to go as far as disabling other hardware, but good to know you can rule that out. What Philips Hue bridge model do you have?

Could you try creating a new entertainment area with just a single bulb and try connecting again to the your Engine DJ hardware.

@Deimos - Are you using a X1800 or X1850 mixer with your SC5000’s?

Hi Jason, I feel honoured! :blush:

I have used Soundswitch before and found it way too complicated and time consuming (and I don’t consider myself stupid), which is why this looked so much better. It looked like a bit of plug and go. Making something complicated, simple, is the holy grail of course. Obviously its not going to be as simple as I had hoped. I’ll have to park that one until it does become like that! :joy:

As for the Hue Lights, as I have said previously I have built up a large collection over the past 4-5 years. The ones I am testing on are mostly new and are all colour. But even the old ones work in Ent Areas on everything else they just don’t have the colour range that the new ones do.

I do have a few things that use Hue like the Hue Sync box (which was on stand bye when I tested and I have just pulled the plug on) and it still doesn’t work. There are apps that connect but they aren’t currently in use, apart from the Hue App and its service itself. I have lots of Hue switches etc but they don’t stop anything else working.

1 Like

Philips Hue should be the simple solution you are looking for, then! Hopefully we can get you sorted out soon, so you can enjoy the new feature with your Prime 4 and Go.

Not that it should matter, but what Philips Hue hub version do you have?

Also, could you try creating a new entertainment area with just a single Philips Hue brand RGB light fixture and try connecting again to your Engine DJ hardware?

I think my bridge part number is “3241312018a” but I could be wrong. There are a lot of things that could be part numbers on that. I’ve tried with a single bulb and gotten nothing. I’m using an x1850 mixer.

Ok, according to a quick search you have a 3rd generation Hue Bridge which is currently the latest model available. I have this same model working as expected in my environment, so that’s not the issue, but good to have the info on hand to help us spot any similarities with users who are having trouble.

Do you see ‘Connecting’ in the top right corner of the Engine Lighting GUI?

Are you able to tap the color override buttons and see the light change?

Make sure you launch Engine Lighting on both players, but only one will connect to the bridge.

Is your mixer updated to the latest v1.5?

I’ve already found a workaround for the “connecting” issue so that is no longer a problem and it’s one of the first things I look for when I start debugging. It only appears once at startup, after rebooting the services, it connects fine with a “connected” message at the top.

None of the functionalities work for changing the colors of the bulbs. I’ve tried every single button, both in basic and pro modes.

I have been unable to update my mixer however. I downloaded the zip, ran the driver install, and then ran the firmware updater and it appears to run fine but does not actually update my mixer. I’m connected to the mixer via the usb1 port on the top of the mixer. I’m sure I missed some step but there isn’t any documentation on the step-by-step for updating the mixer firmware. (I’m on Windows)

Update: I found the correct updater. I had to use the windows search bar to find the actual application after I had installed the updater. That little piece of UX could use some rethinking in my opinion. Now I’ve got it updated and there is no change to the Hue issue.

Same problem here. Bridge is connected entertainment area too, but no control at all.

Sorry, my setup: hue rgb bulbs, one strip and Denon DJ Go

Hey there Jason, to give you some additional info from my side:

I have the latest Hue Bridge (Gen. 3) all up to date. I have tried several different Entertainment Zones (Both music and TV/Gaming) with either multiple lights (some older gen.) but all full RGB and also a zone with just a single RGB strip of the latest gen. In the upper right corner it always says “connecting” I can never get any light to react upon tapping anything in the GUI of my SC5000 I have tried factory resetting, changing from 5ghz to 2.4ghz wifi (I can always connect to the Bridge no problem and see all zones) I have also used the Philips Sync app on MacOS to ensure that the sync feature and the entertainment zones work at all. I have a google home and an Alexa (Will try to switch them off for my next test) Besides that I am really clueless what else I could try and why it works for some people and not others.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Greetings from Germany!

Hi,

OK so the “Connecting” indicator in the top right hand corner is NOT Philips HUE related but rather that SoundSwitch is trying to connect to Engine.

What Mixer are you using and what firmware is installed?

Are you sure it is in the left hand corner? Because I am talking about the one in the right hand corner (Atleast on SC5000)

Hi,

How many entertainment areas do you have setup?

Talk soon

Sorry, thats correct right hand corner.

How many entrainment areas do you have setup?

For me, I have setup 4 different entertainment areas. I tried with different bulbs an strips like jemabaris.

It says it is connected to the bridge and I see all entertainment areas. But no effect, still no control.

If possible, can you try deleting all but 1 of the Entertainment zones and see it if makes a difference?