New Prime Hardware on the Horizon?

Had a closer look at the pic ,

There is definitely a pic of the bottom left hand side of a mixer. Whether or not its part of the secret kit is the big question (at least for me).

1 Like

Seems logical - only a few months to wait.

Kind of looks like new mixer knobs with white highlights on the outside ring.

If you mean on the far right of the pic, I think that’s an x1800 headphone socket

Yeah that looks very similar, apart from the vague distant markings mentioned above.

The ones under cloths are the real secrets.

Yes, after longer look the corner of the mixer looks identical to the x1800. The blurry white is the knob indication.

Pretty sure thats just an X1800 if it was anything else it would also be covered :roll_eyes:

Maybe a new mixer with a multi touch screen?

1 Like

A new mixer with screen would be awesome.

1 Like

I think if it’s a new player it will be a cut back down version of the SC5000 to get DJs of all pay scales into Denon DJ.

I don’t think it will be a better replacement for the SC5000

So I think it will be an SC3000 not a SC6000 haha :rofl:

So long as they don’t stuff it up completely and try to put the cross fader or faders :level_slider: :level_slider: :level_slider: :level_slider: on the screen - that would be really mucked up

I love speculating about new gear. Too bad there’s not enough info or real good leaks right now. Whatever it is I’m pretty sure it’ll be cool.

A thinner blanket would be an advantage

Unless the new thing IS the blanket. 100% Egyptian cotton with Denon logo all over :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ll have one lol no make it two

I’m hoping for a Hybrid 12" digital player with a tonearm and none of the issues of the VL12. I would not be surprised if they put out an optionally both touch and moving platter haptic player like NI did on their recent controller, though. If it’s just a deck-sized thing and not a Prime 2, it could be some kind of unit that lacks a jog wheel and does a bunch of sampling and other stuff on it meant for people that use sync rather than manual mixing and want to take that as far as it can go. The previous idea of a gutted Prime player meant just for controller use isn’t a bad guess, though.

The new hardware I’m looking out for;

Want 2 ch Prime mixer badly

Interested in Prime 2 with S/R and midi out

Layer controller.

Other than a standalone sampler I don’t see anything else other than the version 2.0 of the existing gear.

1 Like

I only wish for 'add-on" products, as they havent made the current products work to their best yet.

So sampler/ remix-deck or a effect unit, so they continue to have focus on improving they current product line, to be as good as possible.

1 Like

What would be cool is if the sampler could integrate/link? with the 5000m so that you could capture a live sample and scratch with it.

I am NO photoshop expert and this was just made really quick… But what if… The USB device got connected through the sampler/ remixdeck which had the same hub as on the X1800 mixer… And the players then connected to the sampler/ remixdeck via LAN…

Something like this picture… As I have stated many times before, I´m no expert at all, so dont know if it even would work… But just thinking that if the USB is connected via the sampler, this would give the opportunity to manipulate the chosen track, and still access them on the units…

2 Likes

The end result I’m thinking would be that any samples recorded to the usb drive (in a sample folder) would be accessed by everything else sharing that drive?

I think akai would be better suited to produce a sampler for denon with an Engine Prime badge on it.

Imagine an EP badge on add ons from 3rd parties lol