Mixer making sounds and Audio Dropout

Have you installed the Denon ASIO driver and adjusted usb buffer & latency according to your computers CPU power? Doesn’t seem like it. Anyway…your problem doesn’t seem to be anything similar to the OP.

Have there been any updates to this issue. Mine is making the noise again and it affects the music being played. The music cuts n and out with the clicking. I have sent it in once and it took about 4 weeks or so to get it back plus I had to pay for shipping and it was still under factory warranty. It makes the clicking noise even if just plugged into a random outlet. It had stopped for a while and started making the noise again about 2 weeks ago.

What firmware do you have installed and when was your last update preformed? Also are you using DVS and serato?

I firmly believe my issue was due to my firmware not properly being installed. Once I reinstalled it it has been rock solid.

I was thinking it had something to do with running serato DVS and maybe static electricity. But, I have used DVS a few times since I had the problem and have had no issues.

I have the 1.1 firmware installed and using serato with usb selected. I contacted denon support and they suggested I try a different IEC power cord. I tried that and so far it seems to be okay but the issue was intermittent.

Denon needs to do a recall on all affected X1800’s it seems to be a known issue and nothing is been done about it. It’s grand to say “send it in for repair” but what does one do while it’s in for repair. I work every weekend and need my gear. I just lost a paid gig tonight over the mixer crashing out.

1 Like

I agree if it was very wide spread. But, I would imagine there are thousands of x-1800 in use and only a small number of units with an issue. I’m not even sure I had an issue with anything other than potential firmware error that was corrected. I sat small number of units because it’s seems to have affected less than a hundred units.

I say that biased of of how many people on this forum have had the problem and posted about it.

I think more people are concerned with the high end roll off. That thread had tons of comments and any post of mixer drop outs gets very few.

Have faith my friend, the Denon team are not trying to pull a fast one. They are pushing the boundaries of the industry and creating more diversity in the marketplace which is no easy task.

Here we go again. My 2 cent: Choose between hi end roll off or mixer drop out ? What will people notice mostly ? (except if you are not DJ’ing in your bedroom that is) Of course a dropping out mixer is way more severe than a hi end roll off using this gear professionally.

Your drop out issues reminds of the screen freezing problems the MCX8000 had. After two years after launch or so, Denon made a service bulletin to handle those cases. A small fraction of users had the issue.

2 Likes

To add to this, yes my unit had a complete analog audio breakdown also, but RMA was quick and fast. No repair, but an immediate replacement. Fortunately I had an older 4 channel mixer, so even that was no problem.

If it is all mission critical, I would have made an arrangement with my (probably well partnered) reseller for a faster temporary solution.

Would have to agree that audio drop out is more of an issue than high end roll off.

Of course, but one is software fixable for everyone with just one update. The other is hardware and is a case by case issue.

Fair point…

wgarri20 It shouldn’t make a difference if it’s 1 or a 1000 units. If a product is showing hardware problems the manufacturer should stand over their workmanship and sort the issue. After spending that kind of money on a “PRO” mixer I’d expect to get at least 4 to 5 years of use from it and not 1 1/2 years. When I bought into the NEW Denon eco system, I thought I was buying quality equipment. (I had the 5500’s & 1700 for years with NO problems they never let me down) In the first week of owning the Prime gear, I had to get one of my SC5000 replaced, after 5 months I had to get the second SC5000 replaced and now the mixer is acting up.

Maybe I just got a Monday Morning batch😂

1 Like

I’m having the same issue!

I ordered my unit in December 2018 and this started happening around March of this year. I’ve been trying to diagnose the issue but been unsuccessful.

Unfortunately I’ve also been unable to submit a support request through the website. I just receive an error message:

Mixer Issues How are we going with this issue. I had it fail in the club and luckily had a pioneer backup. I checked and updated the firmware and it went away but now it’s back so I’m thinking it was a coincidence.

After a long line of lies from Denon UK. I got the unit replaced by my retailer. Denon UK said it was the audio PCB causing the problem.

I just started to get the same issue. I have had the mixer since 2017 and am way outside the warranty term of 1 year. Was told send it to a service center all out of pocket. Not happy at all.

You might need to connect the bottom ground posts together like in this video if some of them are not fully contacting the metal case

3 Likes

Hi All,

Sorry to hear of the difficulty. Please contact our technical support team for further assistance with this issue.

Support : Denon DJ

7 Likes

Messaging you currently.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.