Memory Cues / Visual Markers Feature Request

My 50 cents: Discussing (fighting) if the feature is needed or not won’t make it to the top of the new features to be added. Denon engineers/developers are aware of the request - they read the topics on the forum.

2 Likes

Okay clear, but don’t keep spouting the same thing in this column. People indicate that they appreciate the feature being introduced. For Denon, it’s a matter of counting and deciding whether they can meet such a request. It really doesn’t help if you keep coming in with your calling horn.

1 Like

When a person has expressed his opinion for (or against) a certain request, there is no need to repeat the speech many times. Let me explain: if I write “Yes, for me it is a good function.”, It is not necessary that every day I write the same sentence on the forum in the same or other threads, so the thread on the “Memory cues” function lights up for a period and then turns off. :smiley:

Maybe. But the way to turn off any enthusiasm and illusion on their part could be to intervene on the thread and write something, like “It can’t be done because …”, or "It can be done later because we are now committed to doing … ". In this way, users would feel involved in the evolution of the product. :smiley:

3 Likes

DJing is not essential for human survival.

3 Likes

Music is not essential for human survival :sweat_smile:

https://www.simplypsychology.org/Maslows-Hierarchy-8-Levels.jpg?ezimgfmt=rs:0x0/rscb26/ng:webp/ngcb26

2 Likes

That model sure has grown. I remember it being more like:

3 Likes

My 50cents (again) - Always buy your gear/make your choices based on features available right out the box. Manuals/ detailed specs are available, reading before buying avoid frustrations. When i got into the Denon bandwagon, for me the features had a bigger weight than the limitations, so “I changed my ride”. I see the features added in fw updates as bonus. As an example, let’s talk about the CDJ3000: will it get onboard track analysis? I believe so, the hardware spec-wise is ready to do it. But if this is a “must-have” for you, simply don’t buy the 3000’s as this feature may be available next month, or never be available, leading to frustration. Jumping into the Pio forum and discussing with dj’s who don’t give a s* for onboard analysis will not touch the hearts of Pio engineers :grin::grin::grin::grin: Ps. Sorry for the weird English, I’m from Brazil :grin:

6 Likes

How bored do your listeners get?

That’s a weird statement. Most of my tracks are between 5-10 minutes but I’m often mixing for 2-4 minutes between them. It really depends on what kind of music you’re playing and your style of mixing. Personally, I can’t stand ADHD DJs that only play bits of tracks unless they’re cutting and scratching, taking me on musical history lesson.

I’d counter that that isn’t ADHD, that’s catering to the current market where songs are usually between 3-4 mins long, sometimes shorter. As DJ’s we are held accountable by the punters, not our own music tastes - ■■■■ if we were, I wouldn’t be in the entertainment business as my personal music taste is not modern at all…

Edit: That being said, your point about cutting and scratching is well taken, I honestly can’t stand that crap either, DJ so called “skills”/scratching/bs don’t fill dancefloors… then again, neither does playing the same song for 6-10mins straight… get the point?

Also It’s not a statement but a question.

That’s not quite true, Sasha & Digweed don’t do a bad job of filling dance floors. It’s all to do with the music, the longer songs tend to be well produced and have the builds in them to grab, the “James Hype” style music needs DJ fx to make them exciting, as frankly (in my opinion) the music itself is actually gash.

5 Likes

Again, I’m not saying that, personally that style is not for me or the majority of club-go-ers. Festivals maybe, clubs and bars, no.

Also in the last video I checked out… dude is clearly on something… get that crap out of the industry. Start mixing sober or sod off imo.

It’s a greenscreen’d performance yet the dude doesn’t know where the camera is…

I agree, though, see above… It is not about our own personal tastes.

1 Like

Could be anything…shyness?

Oh trust me, It’s nowhere near as nerve-racking performing to a camera as to a live audience… my MR experience proves that. I choose facing the camera any day (and have done in my MR videos).

Also, it carries on throughout the video, its not a singular occurrence. Stop making excuses, that’s as clear as the David Guetta vid tbh… Dude is on something.

Pandering to the worst of the market.

Or to be even more honest, DJ’s compensating for putting a shaite tracklist for their set.

1 Like

You do know they use multiple cameras when they are recording?

2 Likes

That’s what I thought too, and also perhaps he’s looking at someone or something.

To state he’s on drugs because of no eye contact is laughable :rofl:

2 Likes

In the room where James Hype records the live there are at least 4 fixed cameras and a guy with a moving camera that goes around the console. The camera selection is not done by James but by Gucci (the third boy present on stage), so James cannot know which camera is shoot him at that moment, also because they are not TV studio cameras with the red light that lights up to highlight which one is recording.

I agree with you that it is not easy to always look into the active camera and also it often happens that James looks at the other two guys while he is mixing, perhaps to see their reaction, as they are the only people present.

However we are going off topic. :smiley:

1 Like

" There are 97 replies with an estimated read time of 120 minutes ."

Given the above stats, I think everything that can be said on the topic has been said. I’m closing this conversation as it hasn’t been about the initial request for some time now.

2 Likes