Lord have mercy - Serato acquired by AlphaTheta Corporation

Not a fan of the battle layout and having all the labels at right angles would annoy me

1 Like

It’LL either sell like hotcakes, or pioneer will keep orders from hanpin limited to make demand seem high. :-p

It’s still a grand more than buying a pair of RP8000 MK2’s and Phase.

A lot of people will never bother with Reloop, ADJ, Omnitronic, DJ Tech, Akiyama, and the rest of the other Hanpin rebrandings, though. I mean, some of the Super OEMs go for like $200 a pop, and few people give them the time of day. Opportunity for me when they were on clearance :slight_smile: Anyway, Pioneer using Hanpin was a stroke of genius, even if you’re not a genius buying a PLX-1000 at its MSRP.

I see way more Reloops at hip hop gigs than I do Pioneers tho. They’re even more common than technics now. It’s usually a pair of RP’s, Twelves, or Technics. I can only think of one gig this year on OSU campus that had plx1000’s setup

Really?! That’s interesting.

Looks a top top product with some very good innovation. Better than the CDJ-3000 imo, and a much better purchase than them too.

As Mojaxx said: who is gonna buy it if they already have a pair of turntables and/or Phase?

And if they don’t have a pair of turntables, if they buy this then they will still need something portable to have a dvs solution for gigs, and that means Phase on top of the price of this.

But none the less a good product it seems. Notice how they claim a lack of line level preamp and output is to keep a analog sound quality and yet they have the timecode generator output plugged on the same circuit.

2 Likes

Agreed, I am tempted but I want to see how Rane responds, it would be interesting if they did an engine/serato cross over.

2 Likes

There was something in the recent press release about them working on exciting new products.

I’d have a pair of these if I didn’t already have 1210s definitely.

2 Likes

Would love my Prime 4 to have DVS for channels 3 and 4 in Engine

3 Likes

Yeah, and something like this. https://community.enginedj.com/t/sc6000-add-dvs-functionality-for-deck-b-in-combination-with-x1850/43691

TLM’s video really shows how remarkable they truly are…these really are some next level 'ish!!

I mean…yeah…but no? No in a sense that all these technologies have been used before in other devices.

• MIDI pads on a turntable: Reloop
  • DVS timecode generated in the unit: Denon SC players/Rane 12

Guess if you want to give them credit they thought of putting the rotation tracking technology in the magnetic spindle lock but then again you cannot NOT think that is a product of looking at what Phase is/does.

It’s just that Pioneer did the thing they are BEST AT: use existing inovations, combine it and simplify it (with a slightly higher price tag then if you bought all separately).

I think the clamp for real vinyl being built into the device itself is definitely innovative, and the pitch play mode on the pitch fader too, thats a great addition.

3 Likes

Oh, yeah, that one is probably something I like the most, my mistake for leaving that out.

1 Like

The biggest downside for me personally, id never replace my M3D’s with these or any other deck, so i think its a tough sell on that part, but for someone looking to invest in TT’s they are the best option on the market now id say.

I think most people who want TTs now already have them so unless it’s just someone who suffers from gear lust and wants something new, they’ll be a minor sale item.

I can see inMusic dropping a new Rane 12 BOGOF offer soon.

1 Like

Im curious if I’d prefer that to have the pitch play with customizable scales on my rp8000’s.

Also curious about the tabs on the spindle and if they will wear down the inside holes of regular vinyl over time.

1 Like

That thought did enter my head when i saw that spindle, considering the BAU is polished chrome, it seems a little ‘brutal’, im hoping they tested it.

What about the new/next generation cohort?

I know a few younger djs that started with Pio 400, moved up to CDJs and now exploring TTs.

1 Like