Lord have mercy - Serato acquired by AlphaTheta Corporation

Reese you and I went the exact same route except I also used the DNS-2000s with Traktor after the tascams failed. I still have my Tascam X9 mixer though.

1 Like

Bet you could still knock a mint set up on those rack mount players.

Well the first ATC/SAR love child has arrived.

Very nice work.

1 Like

Watched the Mojaxx review this morning. It’s a pretty sweet deck and the first Pioneer product I wouldn’t mind owning.

The main thing holding me back is that I’m in love with the stand alone gear we have with Denon and don’t want a computer in the mix again

1 Like

A tabletop touch version of the DN-HS5500 would have gotten Denon DJ a lot more market share than they were stuck with back in their Japanese days. The 4500 I believe is just a rack mount & touch version, but the touch was janky and prone to getting damaged on them… and too small. Not a lot of people want a moving platter tabletop player, and, even if you were in the market for a moving platter, the 5500’s required you to drag or nudge the record itself very gently rather than the metal platter edge when the motor was running if you didn’t want to use the pitch bend buttons or ride the pitch fader. Not easy on a little 7" disc.

No one was stopping InMusic from doing a hybrid. And considering the grease issues on the Ms and the VL12 itself being problematic in a variety of ways, it was the obvious next step. I had threads and posts on a rough Prime hybrid way back on this forum. I’m not sure where they’re at now. Probably buried in now-hidden or archived portions of the forum. Anyway, Pulse follows this forum and has hit me up for ideas in the past. The reasons I didn’t help them out more explicitly then or become a Pioneer DJ tester was because 1) I wanted a job instead, 2) I didn’t want to buy CDJ-3000s, and 3) I’ve already posted most of what I think about Pioneer DJ gear on their own forum already.

That price point is ridonculous. Also don’t like the placement of the start/stop speed. Those are adjustments I make regularly.

It’s competitively-priced with new Technics, the SC6000M, and is cheaper than a Rane Twelve and a Denon DJ VL12 together. It’s also cheaper than a CDJ-3000. I think it will sell like hot cakes. There might even be the slight possibility of it becoming some kind of quasi nightclub install standard alongside the CDJ-3000s rather than people farting around with dvs boxes and cables.

1 Like

Not a fan of the battle layout and having all the labels at right angles would annoy me

1 Like

It’LL either sell like hotcakes, or pioneer will keep orders from hanpin limited to make demand seem high. :-p

It’s still a grand more than buying a pair of RP8000 MK2’s and Phase.

A lot of people will never bother with Reloop, ADJ, Omnitronic, DJ Tech, Akiyama, and the rest of the other Hanpin rebrandings, though. I mean, some of the Super OEMs go for like $200 a pop, and few people give them the time of day. Opportunity for me when they were on clearance :slight_smile: Anyway, Pioneer using Hanpin was a stroke of genius, even if you’re not a genius buying a PLX-1000 at its MSRP.

I see way more Reloops at hip hop gigs than I do Pioneers tho. They’re even more common than technics now. It’s usually a pair of RP’s, Twelves, or Technics. I can only think of one gig this year on OSU campus that had plx1000’s setup

Really?! That’s interesting.

Looks a top top product with some very good innovation. Better than the CDJ-3000 imo, and a much better purchase than them too.

As Mojaxx said: who is gonna buy it if they already have a pair of turntables and/or Phase?

And if they don’t have a pair of turntables, if they buy this then they will still need something portable to have a dvs solution for gigs, and that means Phase on top of the price of this.

But none the less a good product it seems. Notice how they claim a lack of line level preamp and output is to keep a analog sound quality and yet they have the timecode generator output plugged on the same circuit.

2 Likes

Agreed, I am tempted but I want to see how Rane responds, it would be interesting if they did an engine/serato cross over.

2 Likes

There was something in the recent press release about them working on exciting new products.

I’d have a pair of these if I didn’t already have 1210s definitely.

2 Likes

Would love my Prime 4 to have DVS for channels 3 and 4 in Engine

3 Likes

Yeah, and something like this. https://community.enginedj.com/t/sc6000-add-dvs-functionality-for-deck-b-in-combination-with-x1850/43691

TLM’s video really shows how remarkable they truly are…these really are some next level 'ish!!