Let's talk about the PRIME 4

Abstolutely right. I totally agree. The effects are bad, i am sorry to say it but this is the true. The rest is quite good. Effects need to be improved The grid is also an issue. There are a lot of wrong lectures of the track, the grid does not match with the main bits, etc. Algoriddim for Ipad is much much better in this and also in the effects. Is it so difficult to do something similar for the prime 4? Denon, please, react.

3 Likes

Nice review, I subscribe your words… Its ok differents workflow Denon vs pioneer and we compare bot (sounds like)… But, Denon please react because effects of prime 4 is very bad

Hello Xandi and welcome to the Denon community!

It would be helpful if you explained why you think the effects are bad, and describe the problem.

Tks the problems are explain in this post and many others in forum…Denon need update (volume on effects go low, very difficult control frequencys… of effects, reverb, echo, flanger 8 beats…sounds bad every time (I don’t use really)

In my opinion, Denon win Pioneer (qualify/feactures/uptades/assistence) in all the things, but the effects need fix

i think the effects are ok, i found you just really need to play with all parameters on different sections of music to see how they can be used creatively. i do think a effx volume knob could be handy, but most efx have a wet/dry mix. just spend the time to learn what each efx can and cant do well,and maybe you’ll be able to incorporate it some more into your mixing.

Great idea i dont have a current audio interface,so recording my vinyl into prime 4 sounds like a great option. does anyone know what formats you can record to ? .mp3 ?, .wav ? does it auto adjust gain ? or use levels from mixer ?

Great and detailed review, thanks. I currently own an MCX8000 which I’m about to sell as I find it’s standalone capabilities very limited. What makes me slightly hesitant in considering the Prime 4 as an upgrade path is that I’m worried that the play/pause and cue buttons (both the large ones above the play/pause button and the small ones above each channel fader) are of the same poor quality. Have you had your hands on an MCX8000 in the past and are able to shed some light on how those buttons compare to the ones on the Prime 4?

the unit is almost perfect I love it . but I have to complain about the quality of the mixer section painted metal. the black coat is literrally vanishing. too bad

That’s not from ‘normal’ use though is it? Looks like lots of scraping the edge surface with either ringed fingers or something else and lots of aggressive fader mashing, those wear marks look identical to the ones scratch DJs get under their crossfader.

Plus there is large dent visible on the far left channel, and what looks like corrosion to the left hand screw on the crossfader plate.

Do like me and other users buy a Skin, this will keep the original surface in good condition and you will only wear the Skin, mine has had a skin for a year and a half and it is just starting to show traces of wear.

1 Like

Great idea that, looks pretty cool too. I’ve never personally had any of my gear show signs of wear but then I’m not really doing much in the way of fader drops etc so wouldn’t expect it to.

I believe the faceplates are removable too aren’t they? So replacements can be sourced from Denon.

I agree the paint on the mixer plate is poor. There are ‘sparkles’ on my Prime 4 where the bare metal is showing through, and mine’s only had light use. This is the only gear I’ve had in decades where that’s happened.

I don’t have rings and I’m not a scratch dj nor I use to use faders aggresively I use the unit in a very normal and relaxed way that’s why I find this result very annoying.