If you value Customer Service, NEVER buy a Denon DJ Product

I love you Man. Everything you’ve said here is the truth. If you get a defective product forget it they’d never do anything to help resolve it. I’m speaking from experience

No one deserves to be given the run around and I hope management looks really hard at improving the after sales support especially the emails.

With technology available, why can’t emails be picked up remotely?

If they are going to have a ticket form, then emails have to be responded to.

Soundswitch responds fast :dash:

Pioneer DJ responds to emails and tickets within 24 hours. Most of the time time they respond quicker than that and I have to ask for more time to provide more information regarding any issues I may be having.

Serato used to respond fast but I think they are now drinking their own koolaid

Rane in my SL3 and Rane 62 days were quick to respond to emails

Like I said if I’m having warranty issues - I m not emailing manufacturer, I’m dealing with the shop directly.

1 Like

No problems with my device. But i contacted the E-Mail support once and got no response as well. Not really good. I can fully understand if it takes longer but simply NO reply is a no go.

I can certainly say that Denon has improved over the last couple of years - especially regarding handling issues here on the forum, with the addition of Reese as a moderator and the fact that Jwill are very active in here as well. (Thanks for that guys)

The customer-support I havent had the need for the last 2 years, but back then I wasnt impressed, and it sounds like that part hasn´t improved with the same quality as in here.

I hope that Denon does see the importance of a swift and correct customer support (and I believe they do) Yes we are at a time with a worldwide pandemic and this affects all types of businesses, and Jwill cant be active in all places, so I think it comes down to the team running the customer service.

If Denon wants to “take over the world” of dj´ing, they need this area to be improved as well, as it is a part of the full customer experience. But Rome wasn´t build in 1 day. (as we say in Denmark)

2 Likes

Yes, Jwill and Reese are doing here a great job. Also all other good and very active users as well. I also didn’t had to use customer support yet. My issues were solved differently and in max 7 days - great timing. But since the direct person I had contact with left, my messages hit a brick wall… And this is confusing…

3 Likes

UPDATE: A few hours after this was posted, an InMusic Brands Manager told me a replacement unit was being shipped out within two business days at the expense of it being a B-Stock (refurbished) model. Fortunately, aside from some scratches that are only visible in direct light, the replacement is working perfectly and looks great! Although I could’ve sworn the gray knobs had a little bit more of a heavier feel to them. This replacement unit makes it feel like they are very light, but that’s no concern. I’m just glad to be spinning on a Prime 4 again. I hope Denon’s RMA process from here on out becomes a smoother experience going forward.

It is important to mention that two other people in this thread have reported the exact same issue that caused me to RMA my original unit in the first place. You can read about that here and here. This was not an isolated incident and I’m praying that my replacement model does not suffer the same fate. I hope Denon can find a solution for this issue because not having that jog wheel display working makes it more tedious for me to switch between Decks 2 & 4 and automatically know what song is loaded on said decks. Hopefully they manage to get a more reliable Power Supply Unit manufactured for the jogwheel displays.

4 Likes

Great you got it sorted. This is a key main reason I always buy from the manufacturers authorised dealers. That way any issues I get a replacement if they can’t fix it. Happy mixing.

You way of sorting repairs is better way than SoundHounds. Howling infant Ian on the social media’s to jump queues of repairs it just only push other peoples in the queue backwards to wait longer.

Wow. You do have a genuine unique take on everything.

More power to you

1 Like

How do you know that the fault is due to the jog display power supply? Has this been reported to you by Denon service?

The fact that a display remains off is not always due to the power supply: it could also be due to some faulty electronic component that does not send data to the display and therefore it remains off (even if powered).

The Jog wheel has no separate power supply. There is noly one PSU for all boards inside. Some boards have Voltage regulators or small DC-DC converters to establish proper voltage for the components that are on that PCB. The Jog displays are driven by a microcontroller.

1 Like

Whatever powers the damn thing needs to be revised, because again, this is not an isolated incident.

The problem does not come from the power supply. The controller part is more of an issue here.

I’m no expert with the search feature on the forum yet but I can only find a half of dozen occasions of this problem, yet there must be tens of thousands of these sold.

Good luck though with your replacement, although I don’t think you’ll need the luck.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.