How do you analyze folders with Engine Prime or Prime 4?

The fact that OP has had to navigate to a completely different platform is evidence enough that this almost insignificant feature (effort wise) would have more than marginal returns with regards to usability.

As has been previously stated, this was requested over 2 years ago, and all it requires is you mimic the same interface as the playlist view to the file explorer view.

Please read and seriously consider, Denon. It even allows users who are coming from other platforms to be able to jump right onto denon gear with ease, increasing the ease with which pioneer DJs can move to your platform.

That’s bc Traktor is well designed. The same way Prime4 can read the title tag, can read all other tags and show on browser. But someone at Denon doesn’t like give user so basic features and chain us to a Windows 1.0 file explorer. My chinesse 20bucs mp3 player has more options. :man_shrugging:t2:

That works perfectly… but I have 1500 folders on my music disk (I don’t have full albums at all, mostly 1-5 songs per folder) I did first 200 or some folders: Just select folder → select file, ctrl+a if more than one, right click ‘add to library’

Honestly, I just can’t, my arm is numb… :frowning:

isn’t there any “add music folder/drive” and ‘add all to library’ (including subdirectories, option? :confused:

Also friend wanted to try that dj board, he had hundreds of folders, it would have took too long to scan folder by folder so he couldn’t do anything else that trust memory to select similar songs :confused:

Any idea what to do?

What happens when you drag the main folder?

Music > Folder 1

Or drag the drive itself?

Oh, looks like that does a lot something on harddrive. ill see tomorrow did it work out ^^

…Should have bought USB SSD drive… this one is so slow :smiley:

Yes. Reorganise.

Having so many folders with a tiny amount of files in each seems a really odd bizarre way of doing things.

Like rather than having one drawer with all your socks in, you’ve got separate drawers for each pair of socks. :rofl:

Just make a small number of folders and put maybe 500-1000 tracks in each. It doesn’t matter what the folders are called, or which tracks are in them. The database does the organizing.

Well, im using foobar to play those, so they are sorted like genre / artist / album / song name.mp3

of course I could remove genre, but it would be just small help.

sorry, I just cant have random artists on same folder, unless its collection, sounds too chaotic to me :smiley:

actually now that im thinking, your example was bit chaotic? isnt it?

For example I have my camera photos sorted by j:/year/month/day/place/ structure (32k pictures only, stopped photographing 10 years ago) how to search if I would want to find picture from 2008 trip to thailand or 2005 crete? having all in 5-10 massive folders wont help at all (until there is an AI that can do sorting by context ><

edit, normally I use foobar, ofcourse I could just copy everything on second disk and use that only with dj-deck… mmm, would have been easier. but that engine DJ would have been reading that directrory long time before I can press ctrl + a :smiley:

Right make one playlist called master. Add all tracks to that playlist and analyze the lot overnight. Organise by artist. Highlight those tracks. Make up your playlists and drag tracks in. Long winded maybe but you will have one master folder that you can at least work with

Where does Foobar place all the subfolders? My Music or somewhere else

Drag the parent folder and Engine will create everything

1 Like