[Fixed in 2.0.2] V2.0 - Waveforms only sync on white centre line

why not use it a a reason to learn by ear? I went to vertical waveforms using decks 1 &2 only to help get my ear in and try to ignore the visual cue

I use my waveforms a whole bunch and this is no good, especially since its such an obvious problem, I noticed it within seconds!!? QC?? How do we downgrade to v1.62, my prime 4 says device is up to date and won’t let me do anything more, I have a show this weekend… please help, thanks!

1 Like

I personally don’t feel it’s so bad that I want to downgrade. My music library etc… was more of a concern with this update, however - each to their own. If you want to downgrade: Just download V1.6.2 (if you don’t still have it from the last update), put it on a memory stick, plug it into your device and in the settings select update from usb - done.

Just download V1.6.2 (if you don’t still have it from the last update), put it on a memory stick, plug it into your device and in the settings select update from usb - done.

Yeeaaaahhhhhhh, I know, I know… but in the process of learning, please may we have the waveforms in the anything-but-cheap machine we paid? Thank you!

1 Like

Yes Thanks, CrazyCraig… just did that… not too difficult! Cheers… I’ll wait till that bug is fixed.

Cheers, yes super simple. For some reason it was wasn’t allowing me before, but I think I needed to restart with the usb in place.

Credit where credit is due, the Engine software and firmware is usually rock solid, besides for this obvious hiccup… I look forward to 2.01 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“This post is about the waveforms, not about how I use my equipment / body parts.”

2 Likes

I just did the downgrade and WOW! I’m in love with my P4 again. The waveforms are easy to read and buttery smooth once again and seem more responsive to the jog wheel. The waveforms stay in sync just as they should. I can’t recommend the downgrade to 1.6.2 enough!

To all those guys saying “you don’t need the waveforms, mix by ear”: yes good for you, if I’d wanted to do that I’d still be using my 1210s. I want to use the waveforms too thanks. In fact the P4’s waveforms are so good (in v1.6.2) Its possible to get really close with a mix without even using headphones.

To Denon, if you are listening: You’re the underdog to Pioneer and you’re clearly trying very hard to gain market share. You will not succeed unless you aggressively maintain the core functions of the device that enable DJs to perform. The device needs to be accurate and responsive without compromise. Adding bells and whistles such as Hue lighting certainly gets lots of attention in the news media but gimmicks like that won’t help you to gain market share if the responsiveness and feel of the device is compromised. I understand that the big change here is ‘on the fly’ waveform analysis - previously the waveform was stored in the database, and you’ve done this to reduce the database size to keep it under 4GB and allow bigger music libraries. That’s a clever idea but I’d suggest that finding another way to store the waveforms to free up the processor and return to that responsiveness of v1.6.2 is worth considering. Storage is cheap, I threw a 500GB SSD in my P4 and I don’t think I’ll ever fill it even 25%, if I do fill it I can always replace it with a much larger one. Why not store the waveforms as a separate file for each track, or use a separate database for just the waveforms and link the table to the main database, or implement on the fly waveforms when the database gets to a certain size, or give us the option to choose ourselves. You must keep the processor load low and in turn keep latency low, these machines need to feel tight and responsive to the user. I’ll be sticking with 1.6.2 for now, its a real pleasure to use. I really hope your next update returns us to the feel of 1.6.2 (or better) - it must or we will not be satisfied.

9 Likes

Thank you, will give it a go when I get home.

Happened to me with tracks that have same bpm and those that are close. How could something as major as this get released!?

Do we have an ETA on a fix please?

1 Like

Hope too there is a fix for this real soon. V1.6.2 was awesome. I would not recommend 2.0 to anyone at the moment

1 Like

Looking forward to the fix Team Denon :grinning:

Yeah have the same happening, the grids drift in and out slightly.

Apart from that, awesome update! You folks have really done a great job with 2.0 :pray:

2 Likes

Exact same problem for me- confirm this is an issue to be addressed?It was not an issue on the pre 2.0 Firmware??

I tested this and the waveforms seem fishy on my SC6000Ms as well.

I still get the laggy wave form on the white line but have got used to is now. The other features I’m enjoying in Engine DJ far outway the need to roll back. Means I’ve paid sharper attention to beat matching audibly as opposed to being a little reliant on the matching lines.

Loving Crates and Playlists being one and being able to drag and drop a folder structure from a hard-drive, straight into Engine DJ and it just replicate and build the same in Playlists… I like the prep area also…

I played for about 5-6 hours yesterday and used Tidal for a few tracks and Beatport (rest were on my drive) and it was flawless to be fair…

The diamond needs polishing admittedly but I’d stick with it and appreciate the update when it comes.

2 Likes

I used V2.0 this weekend it was solid … for the most part anyway. I can live with the waveforms until Denon release a fix for it, but every now & then (this happened bout 3 times last night) the loop roll button sticks & the entire system freezes for a couple of seconds. This doesn’t affect the audio at all, but the entire unit becomes unresponsive during those few seconds. Even though it has no affect on the actual audio playing, it leaves me feeling very uneasy.

2 Likes