[Fixed in 2.0.2] V2.0 - Waveforms only sync on white centre line

Same issue on SC5000MS. Going to try to re analysing the tracks to see if it helps, but otherwise, I’ll revert to the previous version. My decks are pretty unusable right now…

I sometimes use Recordbox .I prepare mixes in Recordbox and export to Engine .And then I correct the grid in the Engine on the computer and synchronize with Prime4 . I have DDJ400, it has a small size, and it is convenient to connect to a computer and prepare mixes. But every time you have to export and then fix the grid and synchronize with Prime4

It’s bad that the Engine on the computer does not allow you to prepare mixes in real time, like on a record box. I would go completely to work with the Engine. And one more inconvenience in Engine is that the hot cues are not visible on the waves. Recordbox is convenient, you see the tracks that are already hot cue, and may have already used it, in denon it is not visible

I have also come across some tracks that i cant edit the grid normally on the players.

These are usually some tracks that i have gridded in serato. Tracks that have the downbeat not at the start.

I have reported it previously

Did you enable the preview waveform column, it shows a wave overview and the hotcues at a glance

For info, re-anylising the tunes in the v2.0 doesn’t fix the V2.0 beat grid movement either side of the play head white line…

Next time, remember that your customers are NOT your beta testers. It’s scandalous to push such a bugged update and claiming it’s great, when some djs have had a gig ruined by a freeze after your 2.0 version. I clearly don’t consider Denon as a pro brand anymore. Totally irrespectfull. And we already know that it’s gonna take YEARS before your so-called “dev” fix all that mess. Shame

2 Likes

A few times a track has loaded with no waveform at all. I wish Denon DJ team would at least put some info up with regards to confirming all the bugs and a timeline in which there will be a fix. It’s disappointing really that they release an update without testing it thoroughly to make sure the new doesn’t break the old. At the same time, quick to update and shout about the new release but all goes quiet when people raise their concerns about the bugs.

Can someone confirm that this parallax waveform bug only appears on some players? E.g I have an SC6000 (I use dual layer a lot) and will not update to 2.0 until I hear this particular bug is fixed.

This visual drifting issue makes me feel a bit dizzy, in a “travel-sickness” kinda way, I went back to 1.6.2 on my P4 straight away.

I hope they can fix this quickly? please, please, please

It’s most obvious when using dual-layer view. Correct @DJDark?

Yes you can see the bug better, when the layers are among themselves.

Just tested on 6000M…its not happening here. Previously tested on 5000M as well.

As you can see the waveforms stick together like bubblegum

Issue appears limited to the Go, 4 and 2

It needs to be two tracks that have more bpm difference. How did you test?

I have the same on my prime 4. Markings rollover after couple of second. When I use Grid edit its correct but only a little time.

Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands where my eyes can see 100BPM

Gala - Freed From Desire 129BPM

Is that wide enough?

2 Likes

I pasted below in several topics with a link to here.

Explanation or observation:

What we see in 2.0 is this: a slower track in sync with a faster track needs to go faster past the play head. Sort of a parallax effect. In older versions the grid is expanded or contracted and therefore the same as the other track.

1 Like

And you need to have the biggest zoom level activated.

Still not getting it :robot:

I tried all the way zoomed in and vice versa

the dual waves stick together on the 6000M i have here

Are you saying that the entire track is not speeded up accordingly? The way I understand it, is that if one track is completely sped up (entire track from start to finish), then the two tracks grids would align all the way through. The explanation doesn’t make sense to me.

I’ve noticed that some tracks look good & others look terrible. Perhaps try a couple of different tracks to see if it perhaps happens then.

It’s only a visual presentation problem.

2 Likes