First time Prime Go issues

Hey denon forum!

Just picked up a prime go and i’ve been updating it and testing it out in my headphones.

Been experiencing some weird problems with the eq knobs among other things and wanted to see if i’m the only one and have a bad unit or if it’s a software or known hardware problem.

After playing my first track on soundcloud with just my headphones I was turning the low eq knob on channel 1 and there was no drop in bass volume at all, the same seems to apply to the mids and highs. Also on channel 2 the low knob seems to drop the volume of the whole frequency band on channel 2 and not just the lows.

Maybe there is some adjustments I can make on the settings but it seems to be a strange behaviour especially on channel 1 that the eq adjustment doesn’t seem to do anything on the headphone channel.

I have some experience with allen and heath mixers but this is my first denon unit and i’m baffled by the way it’s behaving to be honest.

Hoping for some help and answers! cheers

In the settings you can change the eq frequency ranges and cut level, mess around with it and see if you can get it where you want.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try that out and see if it fixes the eq issue i have.

You are not the only one who feels this way:

Worth checking your set up against the link I posted in there!! (I changed mine and love it loads now!!)

1 Like

Thanks so much for your feedback! l’ll check your post and see if I can find any solutions for my issues!