First peek at the nextgen Prime4 G2!

ok so more a feature request then

Just got my Prime Gen 2 I still have my Prime4 + Is there any time frame when the source option for a computer yet, I did the update but does not show up for a source yet?

been testing out the Gen 2- it faster than the Prime 4 + for loading tracks.

The loaded track letters are really small compared to the Prime 4+, I was checking to see if anyway there is way to make the track lettering larger? a setting? Thanks for any help

i point it out with a red mark click on it to make it look bigger

Thank you for that tip for making look bigger. You Rock Just tried it work BOOM

true most of all the dj software are waiting on inMusic..

But are they? There are two sides to every story. :thinking:

yes I am using USB-C to LAN

No, it‘s not just on the inMusic part.

—————

And yes, LAN adapters work on all ports (USB-A and USB-C). Tested it. Still a bit annoying. Should a potential Akai Force II also get rid of the LAN port, it would become a bit ridiculous, but oh well… AlphaTemu has no Ableton Link at all.

welcome bruv

Another tip:

You took R.T.F.M. to another level :rofl:

5 Likes

Very cool, kinda like the remote library

One thing I would like to add here, because I think Art-Net and Wireless DMX are being mixed up a little:

Art-Net and Wireless DMX are two completely different systems.

Art-Net can be transmitted via LAN — which is pretty much standard on professional stages — or via Wi-Fi for setups like ours. The Prime 4 can already send Art-Net, and as far as I know, this should also apply to other Engine DJ devices that have both Engine Lighting and Wi-Fi.

Denon has actually been way ahead in this area for quite some time.

I personally use a few battery-powered fixtures via Art-Net. It works very reliably, but for a venue setup you need something like a network router/access point to handle the Wi-Fi connection. Engine OS / Engine Lighting can send the Art-Net data, but the network infrastructure still needs to handle the actual connection to the fixtures. There are plenty of very inexpensive solutions available.

Wireless DMX is a different story. It is generally the easier solution when it comes to setup and handling: transmitter on the DMX output, receivers on the fixtures, and you’re done.

So for me, Art-Net over Wi-Fi is very flexible and works great, especially with battery-powered fixtures — but Wireless DMX is still the simpler plug-and-play approach.

and scratch resistant!

Anyways, I’m still waiting on a new version of the standalone SC6000-like players. In a back to back set a compact all-in-one like this is useless. I hope InMusic doesnt forget this market, honestly…

I hope that a new motorized version will have much nicer platters with strobe dots and a little LED lamp :diya_lamp: …

@Johan im waiting to for the next gen sc’s players….

I m nearly to buy cdj3000x because of its jog.

I Hope next sc will be better on this point, because they are perfect for the rest

OK I found some info after some web research…

The guy in the video who mentions a forthcoming controller is Michael Wojcik (On Instagram as michaelwojcikmusic) and the device name is dekforge.

www.instagram.com/dekforgedj

dekforge its the code name of the incoming new denon controller