Firmware update thoughts

Please, please,please dear DENON God, gift us BPM Edit & Beatgrid Edit to our Prime Consoles… :pray:

5 Likes

I see that mr stab stab couldn’t keep from old bad habits for much more than a fortnight

Every update makes Primes even better than they were since the previous update. It doesn’t matter who requested what or when or if - we’re getting given things that weren’t even advertised. Everything that was advertised as being in the decks is in the decks already but some people want those already supplied features improved. Improved doesn’t mean added - all the advertised features have always been there beatgrid. Bpm, just not as refined as some were hoping for. Refinements might happen in between some of the lesser spoken of features that get added by firmware.

2 Likes

You are absolutely missing the point accordingly to djberties post.

So I salute you for bringing up name-calling once again :pray: poor skills.

I will always speak my mind and yes we are getting things that weren’t advertised - but in No way you can say that the algorithm is good enough.

I respect others feature request, even if I dont mind its not coming. Try the same.

1 Like

Two great points, eventually.

We have more of a machine than what was originally made available to us. What we bought then is better now, and it cost us nothing for those multiple improvements.

The blurb said it had bpm detection and beat grid and it does have both of those things - there is, and there can never be, any denying that those features are there. Again, some people, playing some genres, on some songs, would like the existing bpm and beat grid features tweaked or adjusted to cover some songs or genres better and denon have said they are planning to do so.

Throwing toys out of strollers every x days won’t speed up that plan

3 Likes

Once again, I ask for more dimming abilities – both screen and buttons – ability to dim further, so that everything is not so BRIGHT… thanks.

4 Likes

One update a year is a good philosophy if and only if everything basic is working perfectly and you only need to refresh/update some user requests… In our case (at the moment I only saw the late spring update, correct me if I’m wrong) some basic function of the player and the EP SW are going bananas…So, I can not think that with one update a year I will ever see my SC5000 performing at least decently… I’ll die before that time…Anywhere else the HW and the SW are so good that you can prepare/perform a live set in a club without any BIG problem at all!! So if you are happy with how things are going, good to you, I’m not of the same advise…

@ noviygera

Do a feature request for dimming. Here it will go under.

1 Like

Count me in Paul if possible. X1800 and 2 x SC5000Ms. I also have a DDJ 1000 and 2 x 1210s so can look at comparators too.