Firmware update thoughts

That would be indeed good to know. I’m hoping the update will be ready for my next event in two weeks time.

Me too :slightly_smiling_face: so keeping my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Even if it is, I would be thinking of not applying any update that close to event.

It took me weeks to stop accidentally triggering the instant doubles feature that was thrown at us a couple of firmware updates ago. Also, there’s a very slight chance on any electronics that blasting new firmware in can brick it… slight chance but a chance anyway regardless . So I’d wait until after your gig really , but sometimes eagerness goes first

Well, you can never tell :wink: Updating certainly has some (short term) risk to it. Thought I could revert to a previous version if the new one has problems. Bricking would be extreme, of course.

Here’s one for the next update. I’d like to be able to search my history. It would help to find that awesome mix that you did, when you can only remember one of the tracks. I’d also like a date time stamp displayed on the history to assist with the same.

Hi @Option-D, you can search your history on the SC5000/M with the current firmware. There should be a list labeled ‘History’ in the ‘Playlists’ section (below Crates) after you choose your source. Once you select that, there should be a list of different histories and each of them is a record of tracks you played from that source at any given time.

A date/time stamp is a good feature for the History section, I agree. I’ll send that up to our Dev Team.

Hope this info helps, if not, please let me know.

1 Like

That’s not quite what I meant. I’d like to be able to search the history by keyword, and get a shortlist of the histories containing matches.

For example, search for ‘Aria’ and every history with a matching phrase is listed. Clicking on the history would bring up the tracklist with the matching track highlighted.

It would also be useful to be able to delete histories too.

1 Like

Thanks for that extra detail, that certainly makes for another feature request!

What’s the update on the update?

6 Likes

They started shipping the Prime 4 yesterday so hopefully that means the firmware is ready to go!

Hi Jason, can you implement to Prime Series Default beat jump 32? Now maximum is 16 and it would be nice to have 32 when i reset song. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems the update is ready. Check the product page for links :slight_smile:

1 Like

When the new update firmware for the SC5000 prime would be available ?

Hey everyone, check this link for some news!

5 Likes

It is available now, https://www.denondj.com/downloads

It’s ready now ! Follow the link

New Features: :heart_eyes: If all this works decently, this is a pretty damn excellent update.

Performance Features

• Add a user preference called “Pitch Control Type” which allows the Pitch Bend buttons to be set to Range by default.
  • Improved high end frequency response of players.
  • Increased speed slider resolution to 0.01%
  • Added ability to change key on players.
  • Pressing the on screen key brings up the key change feature. Key can be incremented or decremented using the onscreen controls.
  • Pressing and holding the key button will sync the key to other playing decks.
  • Key button will blink when key is not set to it’s default pitch. Shift pressing the key button will reset it back to the default pitch.
  • Soundswitch functionality integrated.

Collection Features

• Added Collection Management features.
  • Song lists can now be sorted by additional Metadata like Comments and Date Added. When sorted by criteria, that critia is also shown.
  • Added ability to constrain search to various fields, including Comments. This is done by pressing the downward facing triangle in the search bar.
  • Holding Shift while scrolling through crates/playlists/folders will now jump by page, just like the song list.
  • Increased the touch area of the song list slider, making it easier to scroll via finger.
  • Keyboard no longer closes when clearing a search.
  • Tweaked keyboard touch areas to minimize false presses and accidental closures.
  • Keyboard now reverts back from numbers to letters when a space is entered, or if closed and re-opened.
  • Touchable scroll bars now are thicker than non touchable scroll bars and give visual feedback when pressed. Song list scroll bar touch area has been increased for easier touch scrolling through large song lists.

Misc Improvements

• Disabling layer B will now throw a warning if there is a track on deck.
  • Improved loading to deck handling so soft takeover does not kick in unnecessarily.
  • Improved selecting and ejecting of drive behavior.

Bug Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed an issue where the song would jump in position when scratching after adjusting the grid and exiting grid edit mode.
  • Fixed an issue where the center wheel screen would occasionally freeze when reverse, censor and slicer actions were performed.
  • Fixed an issue where repeatedly starting and stopping a motorized platter could result in small audio pops.
  • Fixed an issue where the SC5000M’s motor would play back at the incorrect speed.
  • Fixed an issue where when playing two synced tracks on separate layers, the playing track would sync to the newly started track.
  • Fixed an issue where loading songs from the prepare list would occasionally load the incorrect song.
  • Improved search accuracy - fixed several issues where searching for numbers would return false results. Also fixed an issue where in rare circumstances searches would leave out results.
  • Fixed an rare issue where pressing pause would not pause the track.
  • Fixed an issue where libraries created Engine Prime v 1.0.3 or earlier would not load the collection properly.
  • Fixed an issue where turning off 3 or more units simultaneously would cause a unit to hang upon shutdown.
  • Fixed an issue where after searching, the song list would not be brought into focus and loading via knob would not work.
  • Fixed an issue where after searching, the song list selection would jump to the bottom of the list and only 2.5 would be visible on screen.
  • Additional bug fixes and improvements.

Also:

V1.3.1 Software Update for ENGINE PRIME

1. Direct import of Rekordbox playlists, hot-cues and memory loops
1 Like

0 days since the last firmware release. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I feel like we are at the end of a John Hughes movie. I’m about to do the thing with the stuff, but before I do I just want to say it’s been a wild and life changing ride during the lifespan of this thread. I know it’s only been 23 years, but looking back it feels like it only been a few months. sigh (I said I wouldn’t cry…)

Good luck to everyone on your journey through life. Be excellent to each other. And remember the words of Ally Sheedy’s character in The Breakfast Club: “When you grow up, your heart dies.”

2 Likes

See ya next Saturday.

1 Like