[Feature Suggestion] Line based visual beat matching, a way to unload tracks

Plus 1 on both the line phase meter and the unload a track feature… or maybe an option in utility to turn off the dual overall wave form display and make it the standard 1 per layer.

1 Like

Just checking in

Hope everyone is doing good.

Still hoping this feature is added in the future especially for playing non quantized musica such as 60s/70s/80s stuff

:kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I still wait for that since 2018… :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

With only 14 likes so far on this suggestion, I wouldn’t place a bet on it happening

Unless this is Yet another one of these ideas where people haven’t searched to see if the suggestion had already been made, and was already scoring some likes, before making the request themselves and splitting the voting against itself.

Never say never :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes but denon don’t seem very convincing by this features :confused:

You just did …

Twice

Still , I suppose Denon must be feeling benevolent and charitable to those who are making the pilgrimage from Pioneer and need the extra visual reference. :innocent:

1 Like

ha ha.

It was actually a Serato feature. It was in Scratch Live. I remember they removed it when they updated to Serato DJ only for folks to complain. So they brought it back. And it can be switched off in the options.

Pioneer initially went with the Traktor style (as we have in Engine OS currently), but they added the beat matching lines as an option later on

A cohort of CDJ users just match the tempo 128 on Deck 1, 128 on Deck 2 and then go on to proclaim from the mountain tops that they don’t use sync.

Ahaha and of course in some of the blander music dance genres the bpm is practically the same in every tune anyway, so everyone can mix every song, without sync or pitch controls lol

1 Like

@S_Anderson

63 likes :wink:

This is a no brainer really and works really well in other platforms although my personal experience is from a Traktor perspective i guess the same principle applies to the competition.

I find the current beat matching implementation on the SC5000M practically useless, i would even suggest removing it as use the screen real estate for something else.

That the problem ! This thread has 14 likes on it.

Some dingo opened up a duplicate thread of the original thread and the votes have got split, not that the number of votes has previously guaranteed implementation, nor has the lack of votes prevented new features from appearing, from outta nowhere, in some cases.

4 deck mode in Serato looks like this

I really like the implantation of the phase meter in Serato DJ pro I really hope Denon can make something about this feature!

5 Likes

Like +1

Coming from XDJ1000, this is one of the things I am really missing. If you are not a pro (and maybe you don’t have the ambitions to become one), I find the CDJ/XDJ beatcounter / bar quite useful.The visualization is more clear than the 4 fat bars on the current Denon screen.

Also please enable it even if sync is not turned on.

Usually on XDJ I pitch the 2nd deck to same BPM as 1st and then sync manually. However, esepecially when you are not sure if the other track is ahead or behind, the visualization is useful. Of course you can find out with bending the pitch +/-, but it just takes more time. Maybe one day I will be able to do it without :slight_smile: but until then it is an nice aid.

4 Likes

Yeah, I miss this so much coming from NXS2s to the SC6000s. Those bars (old Pioneer/current Denon method) are useless!! Please implement this, Denon!!!

This too!!

6 Likes

Seconding this for I assume both SC5000/SC6000

1 Like

Seconding or +1’ing an ordinary post won’t contribute toward any voting toward a feature getting considered.

I’m sure that the discussed feature has been submitted on a request form, which then shows a button for forum members to use one of their 10 votes on.