Engine DJ is unreliable: Unrecoverable Corrupt Database Issues

Okay, so let’s be brutally honest.

I’ve been djing for nearly 40 years (25 professionally). I’ve used many platforms and manufacturers. In fact I’ve been a part of several developmental projects for Denon, starting with the MCX-8000. I’m a big fan of their equipment and have invested heavily in their products.

I have a Prime 4 that has been a workhorse week in and out for over five years. I also have two SC’s and an X1850. The SC’s are solid. The X1850 which I use lightly and sparingly, quit for no apparent reason.

For drives, I use only ScanDisk and Crucial products. The corrupt database has nothing to do with the drives (music is still there), but with the Engine DJ desktop software.

I play several gigs a week and expect my equipment and the supporting software, etc. to be stable. If there’s a known stability issue of this magnitude, please fix it.

This is not a “wish list” issue. When it comes to professional level equipment, stability and reliability trumps all other wants and needs.

I love the way the Engine Team innovates and I cheer them on, but if I loose access to my library, what good are all the bells and whistles to me?

No forum poll is needed. Let’s get some stability.