DN-SC2900 not connect to PC (USB or LAN same: PC not recognize the units)

DN-SC2900 Engine: 1.5 Asio driver 2.2.2

Turn on unit, Turn on PC, connect USB (unit-PC) and/or connect LAN (unit to PC), press Link button.

PC ASIO not recognize the unit (sound card) or LAN not received packets.

Actual Result: all PC communication bad.

Reproducibility: always

Other Relevant Configuration Info: Acer laptop with 4 USB port + Gigabit LAN, the players new for me, purchased with used, working condition.

Operating System & Version (if applicable): Windows 7 X64

Tests: Player 1 or 2 connected to PC (Win7X64) with USB.

Not recognized. Tested more cable, more ports. (Another device working this cables.) Started ASIO program: blank info page.

Testing LAN.

Direct cable connection Player to PC. PC set auto IP (DHCP). PC IP (DHCP): IP: 169.254.65.134 Mask: 255.255.0.0 Subnet: (none)

No incoming packets in PC. Pressed LINK button more time in player, same.

Cable good, player to player link working. PC/MAC preset on players good: PC Link button pressed more time.

Started ‘service mode’, read players IP (169.254.109.103/169.254.104.243), PC set static IP (169.254.109.1 or 169.254.104.1), Incoming packets ok! Real communication not work. Added switch, not work.

Restarted more time. All player same problem.

Need router with DHCP server?

How to communicate PC to Players? USB (sound card) or LAN (engine sync)?

I’m not beginner PC user, problem not solved. Please help!

Thanks!

Hi, could you tell us what is it that you are trying to do with players?

Connect them with Engine 1.5.2 to play songs from Engine library on the PC?

Or use with DJ software like Traktor/VDJ like controllers+audio interfaces?

Hello!

No! I’m “offline DJ”. :slight_smile: Only submit (Engine) files without USB drive ejecting the player.

New the players for me… testing all features (without virtual-dj): sound card (USB) and LAN syncing. This test all failed.

This means your players LAN ports are ok, the problem is the router or PC

Can you use a simple powered LAN hub/switch instead of a router? I used a 5 port 10$ one from TP-link for years without issues.

You don’t need to have ASIO drivers installed if you will not use the SC2900 with DJ software like Traktor/VDJ.

SOLVED!!!

Player not connect in LINK mode to PC, only MIDI mode!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.