DJ Prime 4 keep resetting after 2.0 Upgrade

I having issues with my DJ Prime 4 ever since i upgraded to 2.0

It keeps checking device then supposedly updating the database but restarts and does it again

i cant even switch to laptop mode to fix it either

Is there away to break the update so i re do it

1 Like

So this is what I did. I took the SSD out of the P4. I hooked it up direct to computer. You’ll need to plug it in to a sata connector on your pc or laptop or use a sata to usb adapter like I did. Make sure the drive has the same Letter that you use for your Engine or Engine DJ 2.0 install. BTW if you haven’t installed 2.0 yet, do so once the drive is connected, as previously mentioned. Then run Engine DJ on the PC and let Engine DJ do the conversion of the Database. If you are still having a problem with the P4 Engine Library then copy a backup of your engine library in place of the one you are having a problem with on the P4 Drive. It goes so quickly and I have a 2tb SSD loaded with 185,000 tracks and it runs like a charm now. The first time I booted, the fixed database in the P4 it asked finally for my user profile to be loaded but froze for a couple minutes then all of a sudden the rest of the 2.0 update installed. I guess the checking device stage was keeping it from finishing. After that everything was there looking pretty. Hope this helps.

Is there a way to Power up the Prime 4 in computer mode? Using a button combination or something?

I am having the exact same issue as you. And taking the hard drive out isn’t really a option for me. Desperately need to restart the update or roll it back

Im having the same issue, keeps “checking device” can’t even dj because it will reboot the prime.

Press and hold EJECT button and then power ON the Prime 4 - it will boot up in update mode.

1 Like

That’s Update mode. Computer mode is not possible:

1 Like

Thank You All

Im good now

I ended up takin the hard drive out and out it in computer mode and put it back i while on cp mode

And im all set

1 Like