Display song title in Twitch

Hi guys! I am new to Denon and Engine OS. So far I’ve been using Serato Pro and streaming with it mainly via OBS Studio on Twitch.

Now, of course, I want to take full advantage of the possibilities of Engine OS (especially the light control) and play the music standalone without Serato Pro.

Now to my problem. I have found for some time the possibility to display the song titles from the Serato Live playlists also in the stream. With the switch to Engine OS I am missing this possibility. Is there also something similar here to display song titles online? The software I have been using is “Now Playing 2”. This accesses the Serato Live playlists and can display the tracks in OBS Studio.

Thanks for your ideas and help!

Hey there,

this is handled via stagelink. There are like a handfull of different options from differnt people. It depents what you want.

There is a major Stagelink Thread here Stagelinq protocol API availability? (Part 2)

It contains information about the app nowplaying2, djctl and some more.

nowplaying2 should be compatible to denon gear but as far as I know only djctl are able to handle all this without any 18xx series mixer on the sc5k sc6k models.

I recommend Now Playing 2 as the best.

It’s by @TRIODE and he’s got a great Discord to join in on. He is sometimes in here too to answer questions in that thread above.

4 Likes

Now Playing 2 is compatible with Denon’s stagelinq. (I use Engine OS, SC6000s, and Now Playing as my main weekly setup on Twitch).

Connect your Denon via ethernet to the same network as you have your computers, turn on your Denons, start Now Playing and it will connect to it automatically.

2 Likes

As aforementioned, this is already possible.

Thank you guys! I´m now sure how to use Stagelinq because I’m using a SC Live 4 without any ethernet port.

I don’t see an ethernet port on the back of the SE Live 4 so it’s possible that SE Live 2/4 doesn’t support StageLinq, which means it might not work with Now Playing when you use Engine OS.

I don’t have an SC Live 2/4, so someone might have to confirm if it supports StagelinQ.

1 Like

Hey Triode, I recently got the Prime GO, and downloaded NP on the desktop that I’m going to stream from. I followed the directions on the site for setup, but the NP app isn’t connecting to the Prime GO. I have it connected via ethernet and the WiFi is disabled. Any suggestions?

Most likely issue is a firewall or antivirus on your laptop that is preventing a connection between the computer and your prime go.

Most people we’ve seen seem to need to check both firewall and antivirus because even after they disable one, the other is still blocking it.

The same thing goes if you’re using two computers. Check antivirus and firewall on both your streaming and DJ pcs.

I’m on my phone so I don’t have a link but there’s a tutorial on the website to show you where to find the windows firewall. As for antivirus you’ll have to figure that part out since we don’t have a tutorial for every brand out there.

If you get stuck, check out our discord channel where we have a few folks who can also help out.

I tried going to the Discord, but it said that the invite link was invalid. I’m just using the Prime Go and my desktop. I’m going to try using that tutorial you mentioned. I did see it on the site. Thank you for the response. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Hello, I tried the settings for the firewall, and this is all I’m getting when I start the software:

I’ve also messaged in the Discord channel. I finally got it to work.

I just started using this with my Prime 4+. Freakin’ amazing. It recognized my Prime 4+ as soon as I connected the Stagelinq port to my router with an ethernet cable. Very happy with the result, and I’ll be buying the pro version of Now Playing when payday rolls around.

1 Like