Denon needs to work on marketing the SC6000

One of the main reasons I switched to Denon was how smooth there jog wheels are. I really really dislike the “mechanical” on the pioneer. Learing on controllers and owning a RX2, every time I placed my hands on cdj’s they always felt cheep and worn out junk. I dont have my 6000 yet to compare so we will see. I personally wish the 6000 stayed away from the tension adjust jogs and just stayed with what they used on there controllers. Seems to be a source of some issues as well. We will see.

My prime 2 that I got to replace my RX2 is amazing. I haven’t had any glitches or issues at all and the prime software has worked flawlessly. Its fast and easy to use and works amazingly.

3 Likes

Space Miami

6 Likes

I am inclined to agree having bought the 6000s, there has not been that many live sets from pros, Crossfader did and there maybe a couple others, by comparsion you have James Hype doing at least a couple sets a week on Pioneer, Denon needs someone to be doing the same, its basically been here’s a great player but unless you know about it chances are you will not know it is even there.

A lot of R and D has gone into the 6000s that is for sure however unless Denon promotes it more it will lose sales to Pioneer. Despite the Pioneers over pricing, from what i hear the 3000’s are outselling the 6000’s which is testament to the marketing. I am not planning to part with the better part of four grand on the new pioneer’s however people clearly are. The only saving grace is Denon has had more time to address software issues and with the new 1.6 OS to drop possibly by the end of 2020 maybe that is when we see greater promo for the 6000s as more of its potential will be realised. I hope the stacked waveforms becomes a thing before the end of 2020 as credit to Pioneer they got this feature right from the get go, also the track and waveform previews on the 3000s are excellent, Denon needs to adopt this into Engine OS as seeing the waveform as a preview on a flagship device is a must.

Whilst the 6000s are really good players I think their successor 7000/m will really show what Denon is able to do having had the oppotunity to see what works and really push for that club elite status.

2 Likes

That’s not a hard thing considering there’s still supply chain issues with the 6000s. I need to get one unit replaced and still wait for new stock to arrive (due early November, now). That stock was supposed to hit the market in August.

1 Like

I must admit Pioneer do a way better job of getting thier products out. In most instances, product is released and on the shelves the next day. COVID has disrupted every retailer even Pioneer. When the 3000’s were released you could buy them the next day. You seem to wait a few months with Denon.

1 Like

The thing is is that we only see the tip of the iceberg with supply. When I asked to my regular dealer he says that in the last month they have had more orders for the prime 6000 than they have for the pioneer nexus2 or 3000. He thinks that there is confusion with buyers now with pioneer as they don’t know whether to buy the 2000 or the 3000 and during that looking confusion some are buying prime.

He says it doesn’t matter what the club standard is anymore as the home market and streaming from home or just playing to the bedroom wall and zooming mates with your DJ skills is the only priority now that clubs are temp closed, closing, or fully closed for good.

1 Like

If people wanna spend money on cdjs in a time like this then good for them I say. They are good decks and nothing is wrong with pioneer gear except the price.

I’m thinking it’s time for some companies to realize that until clubs are back up and running there will be no point of fighting over a club standard.

@InMusic; I think it’s time to make gear that could be the live-streaming standard.

You could start with a new ”Battle Streaming” mixer for you 6000M prime.

Be the first for this and the Denon logo will be a staple on live streams.

1 Like

There is already Prime 4 - great for home use and streaming + recording Your set in one place.

There is a need for dedicated machines.

The online crowd is getting bigger and are now looking for dedicated solutions. Once someone brings out a dedicated piece of gear half the planet will be sticking their eyes on it.

What does dedicated mean?

It could be as simple as making sure the mics have inputs and adding an extra output. Or it could be more (like triggers for video switching. Foot pedal input?)

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe it’s the genre you follow? I have been getting notifications ‘daily’ for new streams. Dirtybird, especially. Someone from the label is streaming every single day. It’s like some labels ‘get it’, and others don’t. Gotta’ stay relevant. Best way to do that right now is streaming.

1 Like

Yeah a lot of the online stuff is boring if someone is mixing for an hour just looking at screens and tweaking knobs. I could just listen instead.

But I bet a lot would watch 5-10 min type battle stuff though. The kind of remixing and mashing that avoids copyrights

I liked the Morales set a few weeks back when he played mostly older stuff. The newer dance stuff usually bores me rigid.

One DJ that did get my attention back in July for BBC R1 Dance Weekend was Jayda G.

Although young, she likes the old skool choonz.

For sure there is.

Jayda G is amazing ! Some close friends booke her in paris and she’s so nice ! Denon need to promote more the underground scene : Little louie vega Kerri Chandler Cinthie Mall Grab Folamour DJ EZ Karizma Octo Octa & they all use pioneer or rotary mixers for some

Alistair Whitehead was one of my all-time favourite DJs when I was a teenager in the mid 90s. His Fantazia House Collection Vol.3 is still my favourite mixed album ever.

10 years ago I got to play with him and as he was about to finish he asked me what my favourite track was. I told him it was Eve Gallagher’s “You Can Have It All” off that CD. He played it for me to mix into as I was on next (it was my residency).

Literally one of the best moments I’ve had and I’ve had many.

Genuinely one of the nicest guys ever. I’m super happy he is on the Primes and would be great to get him on board.

Awesome stuff.

1 Like

What a great story, I love it when DJs are nice guys not a***holes.

My wife still plays the Fantasia mixes now and loves him as her favourite DJ (I was always more a prog fan [still am] with S&D my heros), but respect the guy, and do a little bit more now!

1 Like

He really was a top bloke.

When was at my old place we had live PAs and DJs from the 90s all the time and he was my highlight.

The K-Klass boys Russ & Paul are also top blokes and so is Slipmatt and Mark Franklin of N-Joi.

So many old skool DJs that I used to work with regularly yet hadn’t let it go to their heads. They stay humble yet pull in the crowds.

I’m so chuffed the missus still plays the Fanrazia House mixes. The Jeremy Healy ones are still great to this day.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Some great discussion here!

Fresh SC6000 inventory is starting to make it’s way back into sales channels now. We’ll soon be able to show you what we’ve been up to behind the scenes. We like to avoid heavily marketing products that aren’t immediately available for purchase.

Rest assured we’ve been busy with new software updates, content creation and artist activations. More to come soon.

17 Likes

I look forward to that as I’m in the market for new hardware in November.

When big named DJs are booked to clubs, they get what they want in terms of what decks they want to play on so the term “club standard” is really what the big names choose to use. There is not a battle going on between Pioneer and Denon for the clubs, the battle is to convert those who have relied on their CDJs to switch to the SCs. That could determine the future “club standard”. It’s an uphill battle for any company going up against Pioneer because people don’t like change, even if it’s for the better; specially if what they have works for them now. This can change with time and marketing and education.

Just my opinion on this…

5 Likes