Denon Dj SC Live 4 and microphone

Hello, anyone use the mics with SC Live 4 ? Is ok without having any EQ’s ? Is there a way to route the mic to mixer channels ? Regards!

SC Live 4 has a 3 band Software EQ for microphones and AUX accessed in the menu of the device.

1 Like

I think you are wrong. You have only “level” control for both mics … Where do you see EQ control on mixer ? Regards

EQ control is in the Menu

I have the SC Live 4 next to me, and it is literally in the MIXER settings menu. Control center > Mic/AUX menu.

Sorry, i was talking about Mixer section from controller . You’re right. Anyway, some users are talking about some delay on mic ? Is that true ?

I didn’t notice any delays so far…

Early days ony had controller for ten day’s had microphone delay over main outputs (xlr) but once i finished work with it tonight took it off computer mode back into standalone mode, turned microphone threshold up all the way, turned on voice-over and delay seems to have gone away, next time I use it standalone will be Tuesday I will report back with my findings on Wednesday

I wonder if the odd one or two internet sources claiming mic delay really mean delay in terms of “I say something, but it doesn’t come out of the speakers for 250ms or 500ms” etc etc

Or do they mean “when I speak into the mic, the sc live takes a moment to realise I’m taking and dip/duck the music and/or make the mic audible”

If it’s the latter then it’s the thread hold setting in the menu which they need to adjust

Here is a feature request with CUE/PFL for Aux/Mic, go and vote here: https://community.enginedj.com/t/sc-live-4-cue-prelisten-aux-option-to-route-aux-to-channel-1/45832

There I suggested a solution to route Aux/Mic2 into channel 1 which would enable that, but also solve your issue. We would gain the full hardware EQ, linefader and maybe even sweep/filter + get the ability to prelisten the audio signal before feeding it into the Main, which so far isn’t possible. So ch1 would turn into an external channel, while 2-4 would still be avaiable for the OS.

Unlike the Prime Go, the SC Live 4 seems to have a more software-backed internal routine, so it might be possible.

I think that’s a no.

Oh dang :frowning: Yeah, well then…

Not at all there’s definitely a noticeable delay on microphone on main output to amps, on computer mode there is not a delay so no problem I’ve tried everything to sort this problem I know, I’ve been a dj for 35 years and not had this issue before from vinyl mixer to cd players and pioneer controller’s so there’s definitely something wrong with the os at the mo, just updated to 3.0.1 tonight after work so hopefully they’ve got it sorted, so if your saying there isn’t a problem have you actually plugged the sc live 4 into a pa system or are you using internal speakers (which are turned off when I work)

1 Like

I will also say this issue is the same with talkover on or off and threshold on -1 db which means it shouldn’t even dip/duck music for you

No need to pop delayed words into my mouth.

I can see that a half dozen people are mentioning a delay, although until one particular sentence your post, no one had defined which delay type, of the two mentioned in my post, they were experiencing.

What part did you not read, yes their is a problem on standalone but not in computer mode, so why buy a standalone unit when unusable with microphone issue in standalone

Ok. Ok. I had indeed read your posts, and the put downs afterwards.

And as such I wish you the best of luck finding your own solution, whatever and whenever that solution presents itself.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.