DB is corrupt. Please reformat and rebuild this drive

Just wanted to put an update here for people that may have this issue. As I am a tech person it was extremely frustrating that I turned on the SC5000s and played one song and came back to see the “Database is corrupt”. As it is wise to backup the database often, it is a pain that Denon hasn’t implemented a builtin feature to automatically backup the USB database locally or send it to a cloud provider after a change. Since for me redoing all my cue points and loop points is not an option, I was successfully able to rebuild the database and get all my data back after figuring out where the corruption had occurred. I plea to Denon that sometime in the near future there will be a database rebuild utility to see if the data is indeed recoverable.

2 Likes

tommy g - How did you go about repairing the database? It’s happened to me again somehow (might be the windows repair thing). Hours upon hours of work flushed down the drain. Luckily this was an “experimental” drive, not my main thing.

What do you do when it pops up this message for (Unknown) and you don’t even have a drive connected? Reflashing the firmware made no difference.

I could not get the SQL database repair to work after many attempts and eventually gave up routing for the easier incremental backups.

Utilising Dropbox or other cloud options is a great idea, unfortunately for me living in the arsehole of no where with Cows and Sheep as my nearest radio antennas upload speed is painfully slow.

@tommyg

Who are you asking to DM you?

He was asking you to send him your DB files. His post seem to have vanished though.

I am not sure why my posts have disappeared but reposting.

Assuming you have a corrupted database message these steps will help you try to repair the databases. Please note that this worked for me and may not work for you and you must be tech savvy to do it as I will not take responsibility. This is at your own risk. You must have knowledge of how to use the terminal application.

It’s best to copy all the db files into a new directory to do this fix. The list of files are:

• m.db
  • p.db
  • sm.db
  • sp.db
  • stm.db
  • stp.db

Step 1: Exporting the data

sqlite3 {NAME_OF_DB}
.mode insert
.output {NAME_OF_DB}_dump.sql
.dump
.exit

Step 2: Modify the {NAME_OF_DB}_dump.sql file

1. Remove the 2nd line in the dump file. Look for the line that says BEGIN TRANSACTION
  2. Remove the last line in the dump file. Look for the line that says ROLLBACK

Step 3: Recreate the new database

sqlite3 {NAME_OF_DB}.db < {NAME_OF_DB}_dump.sql

Step 4: Integrity check

sqlite3 {NAME_OF_DB}.db "PRAGMA integrity_check"

Ehm you deleted the post yourself 21 hours ago.

That’s unfortunate. I am not sure how that could have happened.

I’ll keep an eye out also.

On that note, it’s usually better to edit a post then to delete and write a new similar one.

Wow. That got salty quick.

Again, not sure how that happened. It’s not like this was intentional. I only created a new post for people who come here after but now I see that the moderators love going against their own guidelines so I will just not use this forum.

That’s good advice

My comment was meant as a little suggestion in general. Nothing special, definitely not a judgement. :slight_smile: (I don’t understand why my reply was read as “salty” tbh, but okay)

Why that SQL post got deleted, I really don’t know. I only see your account as the last executioner; according to the forum-system. :sunglasses:

Bit weird how that ended, but perhaps the backend of the forum interpreted the sql tags as an injection - who knows!

No clue, curious if the last SQL reply will auto-vanish.

Hi Mate I cant find dump sql file can you help me with that ?

That’s a bit of a convoluted way of doing it. This way is easier (follow instructions in the pdf).

Would data base work if i downgrade to 1.5 ?

Don’t know, don’t care to know tbh. Unless told to by official Denon sources, you should never downgrade, only ever upgrade :slight_smile:

Thanks I done all and file size after repair is showing 0kb is it normal ?