Cant get serato pro working with sc5000m and x1850

I’ll put my money on just a matter of time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks mate, uv massively put my mind at rest!

I thought it would be weird if they didnt develop it considering they must have already done a lot of the work for the x1800.

I can get traktor pro3 working with the x1850 easily enough using dvs mode but im limited to 2 channels (two layers of timecode output) so theres no benefit lol

thanks,

ben

1 Like

When I first got the MCX8000 it was a nightmare. Not sure why a more stable release is not a priority. Obviously, if they waited until everything was perfect we’d never get anything new. But the QC should be better IMO.

1 Like

Didn’t think of it like that, so that makes sense. But even though they can be used in infinite combos, it still makes sense to release them both at the sametime. All the pre-release reviews are the X1850 with the SC6000/M. So my assumption was they were going to release the same time.

You could always use VirtualDJ instead…

For starters, mixers and audio interfaces don’t have to be “certified” for VDJ to use them. Out of any/all DJ software, VDJ has the largest selection of supported hardware.

It’s possible to map stuff yourself, even before VDJ adds official mapping.

Support for all the Denon Prime stuff is either in place or on the way shortly. See https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html

1 Like

That’s an interesting set-up. Any benefits of running just one player? I’m still relatively new to the craft and never seen anyone run a set-up like that.

I totally get it. TBH, I did not know they were getting the functionality. I was pretty bummed, until I read that thread, I was surprised and happy. Looks like its going to work out. Now the waiting game.

1 Like

I like VDJ, hopefully it will add support for the screens. Would hate to have all that real estate and not be able to take advantage.

thankyou! downloading now. It seems they will support the x1850 and sc5000m at some point…not sure when but good to know!

Yes, screens will be supported and skinnable. Apparently the skin will download automatically to the device when it’s first plugged in.

1 Like

Click here: Serato DJ - DJ Hardware I don’t know if the X1850 was added in the last few hours because I don’t remember seeing it there. Today might be your lucky day.

@mufasa When you added the link for Serato mixers did they have the X1850 listed? I just checked it’s there now. Don’t remember seeing it a couple of days ago.

If I am using the SC6000 would I need the DVS kit or would I just need just the license? I am assuming I would need the DVS kit if I was using the M right?

Hi Guys, Serato is expected to release Serato DJ Pro v2.3.5 today which adds support for the X1850.

Just note that in order to use the X1850 with HID mode or Serato DVS you will need a full Serato DJ Pro license.

[Update] v2.3.5 now available: https://serato.com/dj/pro/downloads

5 Likes

Talk about timely information! I guess we can chalk up this discussion as solved! Serato 2.3.5 is now available (just checked). It also support Numark’s newly released Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX & Numark Mixtrack Pro FX. @ben8282 let us know how things work out.

2 Likes

No DVS kit required for the M’s.

Perfect timing! Question… I was confused about the DVS kit because they mention on the mixer page. In what situation would I need it with the SC6000? [EDIT] I just realized I would only need it if I were to hook up turntables. Figured it out.

@ben8282 Hope everything works out.

1 Like

wow! that is fantastic news. I wonder if there is a correlation? Thanks everyone

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.