Cannot connect to SoundCloud on Prime Go

I recently purchased a Denon Prime Go second-hand (refurbished). The product runs perfectly through USB, and I was able to register the product flawlessly. I am, however having issues connecting to my SoundCloud Go+ account.

I am having the same exact issue described here: Soundcloud not connecting - #9 by lbsa71 However, I have no idea who the previous owner of this device is, so I have no way of revoking the SoundCloud account associated with my device.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Soundcloud account is not assigned to the device. You need to have Your own account.

@NoiseRiser I already have a Prime Go+ account. When I try to sign into from the device, it’s stuck on this screen

AFAIK You need a PRO License or that, not GO+ only…

On Soundcloud web site is written:

• Looking for the best value for DJs? Get our premium creator subscription [Pro Unlimited] and then add SoundCloud Go+ for half the cost; this option gives you industry-leading creator tools to grow your career, plus the ability to mix with select DJ apps.

If they haven’t changed anything recently, until last summer you had to have GO+ in order to use Soundcloud on the Prime series, you didn’t need a higher level account.

I’m using SoundCloud go+ and it works.

Soundcloud go + is what you need for dj integration which you do have.

Have you tried signing out of the account on your prime go and then signing in using your credentials?

Double check you actually do have a go + account because if it’s just a go account it will just hang as in the pic you sent.

Unfortunately, I have no option to sign out of the SoundCloud account associated with the device currently.

When I go to “source” and tap on SoundCloud, it tries to establish a connection to SoundCloud and just hang on that screen I posted. No gear icon or option to let me sign out anywhere.

And yes, I do have SoundCloud go +. Traktor Dj on the iPad has a SoundCloud streaming option that requires go +, which works fine with my account.

The only time I experienced the same issue is when my subscription expired and it kept attempting to connect. I then realised I hadn’t renewed my subscription and then did and it worked.

Apart from that I can’t see why it’s not connecting. Everything okay with Wi-Fi on your end?

1 Like

Yep, the device connects to WiFi and other streaming services fine. Only issue is with SoundCloud.

I believe some user of this device previously signed in with their Go+ account, and it expired. Thus, it continues to hang on this screen.

That’s the issue then.

Contact support as I know from previous threads that undoing credentials already in the system can be a bit of a challenge.

Indeed this is the long standing issue. There are settings for the streaming services, where you can log out - BUT the settings are only accessible when you’re logged in.

Therefore, if you are unable to log in, you can’t get to the settings to log out.

Hi Sonny I have the same problem with my Prime 4! so when u say contact support is it Denon support or Soundcloud support?

1 Like

Denon support

I really need a fix for this, as I am having the same issue. Tried factory wipe etc. Very Frustrating!