BPM times in engine prime

Hi Pluto :dog2: , this topic was started a long time ago, before denon launched their new BPM algorithm in their Engine Prime software and in their players themselves.

You’re going to have to be much more specific that just saying it’s not working.

Name at least one track that is causing issues, and tell us what the issues are. That way we (and Denon) can try to reproduce and work on a solution if it’s required.

What firmware version are you on?

What Engine Prime computer software are you using?

Is it a track previously analysed or a fresh one in your library?

Did you re-analyse your tracks after the 1.5 updates (assuming you are running software/firmware versions >= 1.5)?

Have you checked if the ID3 tag in the track file has a BPM value in?

Also, a more pleasant tone to those trying to help you wouldn’t go amiss…

1 Like

Dude check my post history - I criticized the heck out of the original BPM algorithm but the 1.5 update is up there with the best of them and for the genres I have in my collection, is even better than competing software.

If you want us to help I’ve provided you with questions, the answers to which will give us more information to work with and help you.

That was about 3 years ago and it’s been actively improved in leaps and bounds ever since.

A lot of other software has been around for over ten years, so newer software is bound to have some catching up to do by comparison. But wow they’re catching up quick, the last couple of updates , especially, have been really significant and show no signs of diluting.

Updated for 2021

EP in the lead here

3 Likes

I am re-analyzing my complete collection last night. an amount of 40k tracks. It took 10 hours for now, and will take another 6 hours to finish. 10 tracks take about 15 seconds to analyze.

Tracks are on the players ssd itself, and is re-analyzed with usb connected and in computer mode.

Could also be a bit speeded up … (hope they will improve the usb driver as well) - when it is plugged externally it is much faster (SATA to USB).

But I have time … Will see how accurate the bpms will be after re-analyzing.

Edit: 13:39 - 6500 files remaining xDDD

1 Like
  • 1 and well articulated! manually BPM expand or contract the beat grid markers direclty on Engine OS!

this crucial!

thanks

2 Likes