X1850 USB input how to

Greetings all. When I first got X1850 I looked into how to play audio from my laptop’s headphone output through USB inputs on the X (since the only RCA inputs available on the X are the ‘LINE’ inputs for the decks. Tried the ‘PHONO’ inputs (although I knew full well I would not get good sound from that setup) but as suspected, there was lots of distortion. I was unsuccessful using all the other inputs on the X. I gave up. So here I am relying on YOUR collective expertise to shed some light on what has turned out to be for me a very dark endeavor. So how the Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo, does one setup the X to play the music as I have stated above. And as always…Thank you in advance.

Have you tried using a USB cable connected to the USB port of the X1850 as a soundcard on your laptop?

Edit, you seem to have already tried that in the past concerning OBS, so didn’t that work back then?

Greetings Reese…The OBS project worked fine. The USB issue I cant figure out. I hooked up a USB cable from Laptop to the USB 1 on top right corner of 1850…and even switched ALL FOUR channels to the USB icon selector and got absolutely nothing. Its really no big deal. This equipment is so complex and advanced that an old fart like me has a hard time learning all the things it can do. I havent even begun to discover all that it is capable of.

Hello there!

Are you trying to get the laptops sound to be played through the X mixer?

What laptop? Windows or Mac?

Top of my head, you will need to dive into sound settings of the laptop to select the X channel as your output device when it’s connected via USB.

Windows

Mac

The X is a 10 channel usb sound card

USB Audio 1 and 2 = Channel 1 on the mixer

3 and 4 = Channel 2

5 and 6 = 3

7 and 8 = 4

9 and 10 = Master (I could be wrong)

1 Like