X1850 Cue Lights Not Matching SC6000M Deck Colours

Hi all. Noob to this community. :wave: I am running Engine DJ version 2.1.2 on my SC6000M turntables. They are connected to the X1850 mixer via ethernet cables as well as digital cables. I am running software version 1.5 on the X1850 and hardware version 1.3 on the mixer. Not sure why they are different versions so that may be part of my issue? The issue I am having is that the deck layer colours on the turntables do not correspond with the cue colours on the mixer. I have tried turning on the mixer first and then the turntables and also the turntables first then the mixer but neither combo gets the lights to light up correctly with the corresponding colours of the deck layers. If I only turn one deck on then the colours are correct for that deck. Deck 1 is into channels one and two and deck 2 into channels 3 and 4. When I switch deck 2 on it overides the channel cue colour in channel 2 when it is only plugged into channles 3 and 4? Seems that the X1850 even though the audio signal is coming correctly through on channel 3 is incorrectly reading the cue light to be associated with channel 2. Any ideas please? Thank you.

Hi @DJ-AW, welcome!

Where you’d want both layer A’s to be, that dictates where you should connect the ethernet of the players on the X1850.

In your case: player1 goes into ethernet1 and player2 goes into ethernet3.

1 Like

@Reese thank you so much for your speedy and helpfully correct response! Wow I feel so silly! You were right, I had the decks connected to ethernet 1 and 2 rather than 1 and 3. I hadn’t realised the ports were channel specific. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

No probs man!

1 Like

@DJ-AW . The only stupid question is the one that you don’t ask…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.