X1800 Mixer Feature Requests

Limited memory of the X1800 would certainly be a consideration.

How much of 1800 memory would this feature use?

How much memory does each exist feature of x1800 use?

I have no idea. That’s why I said that would indeed have to be something considered if there was an attempt to implement optional headphone delay. That’s the case with every effect, though. We are just talking one stereo delay, though, not like every output would have a separate one. I know outboard processors will usually tell you how much you have available/remaining in the memory or computing throughput as you add or turn on stuff in them.

Another instance of you just spreading nasty incendiary clouds over anything that is not of Reticuli-1800 or Reticuli-5000

1 Like

Huh? What’s with the ad hominem post?

Just a mild X1800 request to be implemented: Some sort of screensaver or display-off setting.

I don’t use the mixer all the time, but I have the unit always on, because of a connected RME interface of my computer. Furthermore, if I do use the mixer, the display changes not that very often.

Result: There is clearly a burn-in to be seen. Which is a bit of a fail…

2 Likes

Same problem here with burn-in.

1 Like

Wow. You’re not just worried about burn-in, you actually see burn-in occurring already? Having been an early adopter of OLED on the eMagin HMD years ago, I can attest to the risk of burn-in and short lifespan of, at least older-manufactured/designed, OLEDs. My eMagin Z800 lasted just past its year warranty and then the OLED in one eye started dying. If any of this stuff is still a flaw of OLED (and I understand the benefits, like superior contrast), screen savers when idle and even occasionally random blanking (or even alternating between blanking and all lit randomly as in some old plasma screens) would be essential to ensure they last. +1 on that recommendation. Are the SC5000 displays also OLED?

Yes it’s clearly visible. It’s probably an old version of OLED on the mixer. Burn-in is gone after an off period.

The SC has ordinary LCD.

DJEric, do you also notice that burn-in is not persistent after power off and power on later? Not distrusting Reese’s claim, just seeking parallel, independent accounts to ensure Reese’s experience is not just a one-off.

1 Like

It’s not a one-off, believe me, every X1800 has this problem!

You own one right? That’s your first parallel.

I do, but I mostly use the MP2015s.

hello, it would also be a good idea, in some future firmware update, that you could combine the filter knobs with the sweet fx

You can choose to combine the filter and the swap fx already. That’s one of the great things about having the filter separate from the 4 sweeps, you can filter a sweep, or sweep afilter, or just one, or just the other.

It is permanent burn-in. Video

1 Like

Having only an LCD monitor and not OLED or CRT to look at that video, it’s hard to make out what you’re talking about. I think I see some issues with the large block letters at the top, though, like differing intensity of block patterns within the letters. Is that what you are seeing? As for issues in the black areas, I don’t think the foot of my LCD’s contrast curve is good enough to reproduce that if there were any burn-in traces there.

Yup, you got it right. And to think a year ago X1700 owners were wondering if it’s worth to " upgrade" to X1800.

I’ll stick to X1700, I can live without the colored cue buttons and instant BPM detection. 60mm Alps K faders and all the other small quality differences more than make up for this inMusic product.

Maybe I can find someone to turn my X1800 into a rotary version. My X1700 faders are way too nice to do that to them, but on the X1800 would be welcome. I also really like the cue/mix side selection thing on them. Hoping they add an auto flip mode for that so I can keep resonance on the utility screen instead.

Viewing burn-in problems has nothing to do with your monitor type viewing it. The video is kinda bad.

Here is an example; I have it default at FLANGER but when selecting PINGPONG you still see flanger through it.

Photo shot with flashlight on:

1 Like

It potentially has a lot to do with my ability to see some types of burn-in through just videos over the web. I said I could faintly see exactly the sort of thing you’re showing here but if DJEric was also talking about issues in the blacks, my LCD monitor lacks the good contrast to relay those.