With the last two versions v2.2.0 / v2.2.1 I have wi-fi problem

Good evening everyone! Has anyone been having trouble connecting to wi-fi networks after the latest updates? I have owned the SC5000 for a couple of years, I state that after the updates they have always improved and a lot, but with the last two versions v2.2.0 / v2.2.1 I have this problem: They only connect to the home Wi-Fi network, I can’t get them to connect to any other Wi-Fi network, even outside the home (Wi-Fi network in the room and to the mobile phone in the Hotspot which I state have always worked before these updates). Photo forwarding, the password is correct. Has it happened to anyone? Advice? Thanks!

1 Like

I noticed the WIFI signal strength being lower on my SC6000’s after updating from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1. Didn’t lose connection completely though.

1 Like

Hey my wifi signal has dropped too since updating

1 Like

WIFI signal lower on my SC6000’s after updating from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1. as well :frowning:

Same on my Prime 4.

Also randomly disconnects completely and then asks for login details again.

Very annoying.

Hello.

The same thing on my Prime 4. Disconnect randomly from my Hotspot. At the first time, i had to reboot my Prime 4. I hope they`ll fix it very fast. Or does anyone else have an idea to fix it?

I have a question. Did anyone install the update again via USB? I did it yesterday. my first try with my local WiFi Router was successful. Now im testing with my mobile Hotspot. If this is also successful, ill tel you.

I think I have a solution for iPhone user. You need to have permanent display on mode and let the hotspot options open. Then it works over hours without losing the connection. Please tell me your experience with this.

Hi everyone! I just installed the new 2.2.2 software via usb and tried again shortly after with usb cable with my imac and in both cases … The wi-fi connection does not work and has the same problem initially reported in my post! Nothing to do, even with version 2.2.2 they did not solve our problem !!!

I have exactly the same problem when I went to 2.2.2. It will not Connect to any Wi-Fi network, wired connection to the router works fine. Hotspot or any wireless network will not let me log in. I downgraded back to 2.2.1 (worked perfectly before I updated 2.2.2) thinking that would sort it but unfortunately not.

same issue for me, running latest firmware version on my SC5000’s and wi-fi connection keeps dropping out, asking for login credentials again. This has been happening with previous versions as well. I need to connect via ethernet cable to maintain network connection.

Hi, how do you connect the players to the internet via ethernet cable? I thought you could only wi-fi …

Hi Jonni, SC5000’s are connected to my X1800 mixer, I run the internet Ethernet cable into the mixer PC Ethernet port not from the players directly. Sorry should have made that clear.

All clear, thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately I do not have a Denon mixer and it is impossible for me. We hope they will solve it quickly because in the version of the software that does not create wi-fi problems it is so old that I lack the new function to change the order in the “prepare list” which I use a lot.

I agree very frustrating for me as well, I stream directly from Beatport Link when I’m playing out via Wi-Fi, which now is very unstable to the point where it is unusable. Wi-Fi drop outs also seem to impact the networking between players to the point where at times I need to restart the players if I lose Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi was a major selling point for me when I bought these players and this is professional equipment so it is disappointing that it is taking this long to resolve what is clearly a software issue as it used to work flawlessly.

Hi, even with the new version 2.3.0 I have the same problems with the Wi-Fi connection … Has anyone solved it? Is it possible to find a way to report the problem to some forum administrator? I have not been able to update it for several months and I have increased the functions necessary for my DJ sets :triumph:

Is there a way to reset and erase everything from the player’s memory? So that the player does not keep the various passworlds saved. (resetting from the “setting” in the “ABOUT / UPDATE” menu does not reset the reader to zero)

Hello everyone, even with the latest version 2.3.1 the Wifi continues to give problems.

As before, returning to version 2.1.2, it returns to work without problems.

This is a known issue and yet to be fixed. If you dismiss the input/output message with OK the connection should probably still work.

Unfortunately no, there is no way to get it to connect. I tried to turn it on and off several times, restart the player … Also to change the network name and password but nothing …