When I start my Live 4

Is it possible to disable the console prompt to import my settings every time the device starts? What is actually imported? This is quite interesting to me…

After moving the entire music database from Rekordbox to Engine, something must have gone wrong. A lot of music is without Hot Cues or cue points ending starts in weird places.

What can be done about it?

And one more question, how often does a new version of Engine come out for hardware? What real chance do we have as users for Denon to be able to apply the corrections we have submitted? If you mail to someone from Denon?

Thank you for your answer :slightly_smiling_face:

currently you cannot disable this. If you mean the prompt ‘Load user profile’ , this sets all personal configuration of the settings in User Profile. Press the Save To My Drive button to save your settings to a connected drive (this can be done both in Desktop and on hardware).

User profiles can be loaded when a media device with an Engine DJ profile is connected to your EngineOS hardware. More info on every setting of the user profile can be found in the user guide found on enginedj.com downloads section.

I have an open related request to keep this message dismissed when until upon reboot/reconnect with a selectable checkbox: https://community.enginedj.com/t/checkbox-to-dismiss-load-user-profile-to-player-source-until-upon-reboot-reconnect/44007

If you refer to collection import, for example Rekordbox collection found, this imports the playlists and tracks with their Hot Cues and Loops of the existing Rekordbox collection. If you do not want this import collection anymore the only way is to remove that database of collection from the drive.

Import can be done both by desktop and on the hardware. It can be useful to try the other method. Or just work from scratch in Engine DJ is always another option. To see more about importing Rekordbox see: How to Import a rekordbox Collection into Engine DJ (Playlists, Hot Cues, Loops, Beat Grid) : Denon DJ

Untill now the the cyclus show feature drop releases approximately quarterly and hotfixes when needed and rightaway when they are done.

Release dates since version 2.0.0:

• v2.4.0 - 13-12-2022
  • v2.3.2 - 7-10-2022
  • v2.3.1 - 2-9-2022
  • v2.3.0 - 24-8-2022
  • v2.2.2 - 16-6-2022
  • v2.2.1 - 4-5-2022
  • v2.2.0 - 20-4-2022
  • v2.1.0 - 16-12-2021
  • v2.0.2 - 10-11-2021
  • v2.0.1 - 22-10-2021
  • v2.0.0 - 6-10-2021

On the bottom of Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ you can find older versions with dates and release notes to download.

1 Like

One important thing to note - you do not HAVE to create a user profile. Your device settings will be remembered on the unit.

The profile is more for other DJs playing on your unit, or for when you play on other units, to take your personal settings with you.

If you are the only user then just delete it and the message will not appear.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answers :slightly_smiling_face: