What do the left/right arrow buttons above the performance pads do?

In the SC6000 manual for the buttons #32 (see image below) the documentation says:

Parameter: Use these buttons for various functions in each Pad Mode. See Operation > Performing > Pad

However, in the respective session, none of the performance modes seems to make use of these buttons. What are they for?

SC6000_PRIME_User_Guide

I know that when in slicer mode they shorten and lengthen the copped (sliced) clip.

Otherwise it didn’t do anything else … Not that ive figured out, unless others can enlighten us.

Every day is a school day.

They are to go beyond the button values. Loops longer than 16 beats, for instance.

In Manual or Auto Loop Mode? What’s the exact sequence of getting them to work. They don’t seem to change anything for me…

They don’t have a function in every pad mode.

Hold down a slicer pad and press < or > you will hear the sample sound change size

Both. They expand or contract the length of a loop.

I use the loop encoder as habit from traktor days.

I should get into using loop pads more often starting tomorrow :ok_hand:

1 Like

They have minimal use right now and could do a lot more, I would expect an effects update to take better advantage of them at some point.

Summed up for the all-in ones:

The Parameter buttons will make adjustments specific to each pad mode.

Hot Cue Mode : No parameter

Loop Modes (manual and auto loop): Use the parameter buttons to increase or decrease the length of the loop. Hold Shift and use the parameter buttons while a loop is engaged to shift the loop region forward or backward.

Roll Mode : Use the parameter buttons to increase or decrease the length of the roll. Hold Shift and use the parameter buttons while a loop is engaged to shift the roll region forward or backward.

Slicer Mode : Use the parameter buttons while a slice is engaged to increase or decrease the length of the slice.

3 Likes