Volume Area issue, Master 15% louder than Mix? (Topic Done)

Hi @all,

in the phone area my Master position is always about 15% louder than in MIX position. Normaly the volume is always the same volume in all positions,by other Controllers or Clubmixer.

Isnt this dependant on the volume of the Master output and the cued output, as in do you have your trims on each channel set correctly so the volume is consistent?

Thank you.

I think I have all correct. :thinking:Please can you sent me pictures from your preferences (by a downloadlink.)

Best regards Chris

This is like an all-in-one Prime 2 or Prime 4 you’re using? Try putting your master volume knob at the zero/0 or, if there’s a option in your settings, put the master volume attenuator at 10dB lower, which is like -10 or not +10 (0?). On the mixer separates, I can’t remember if the master volume knob actually affects the headphone master level like on old Pioneers. I don’t think they do.

If it’s not that, usually your situation is caused by having more than just the channel open (like effects routing or a second duplicate channel open or monitoring) or you’ve got channel faders that allow boost over unity. I do know on the mixer separates from new Denon DJ and Rane that the split mode is annoyingly louder than non-split headphone monitoring.

Hello, the issue is resolved. It is indeed the case that when you turn the master to mix, the volume is lowered. ( cue’s are off) Was able to test this today on another Prime4 controller. Greetings Chris

1 Like