Unit Freezes Whilst Playing...then Black Screen of Death!

New problem today on a replacement unit only around 6 months in my possession.

Unit powers on, I play a track and all fine for a few minutes. Then the whole thing freezes, sound stops and panic ensues !

No buttons work and if I press the power button the screen goes black. Only way to sort it out is cut the power and leave it for about 10 mins for it to start working again. Then issue happens again and again.

Currently in the UK gigging with a show next Sat Aug 24th…

Hi @IndustryStandard, I’ve raised this with our team to see what we can do.

In the meantime are you on the latest firmware? If so It might be worth installing again.

Can you also try the unit with a different power source to see if this has an impact?

I’d also contact where you got the replacement from as well to see if they may be able to get a unit to you for the weekend.

I’ll get back ASAP.

Thanks for the prompt reply . Yes, tried to reinstall 1.3.1 but same issue , plus tried a different usb stick, SD card etc

Haven’t tried the power lead / ext though. Will give that a try

1 Like

Hi @IndustryStandard,

Sorry to hear of the issue. I have a few questions for you to help us better understand what could be causing this behavior. When you have a moment please answer the following questions.

Has this always happened since receiving the unit or is this something that just started to occur recently?

If recently only, is there anything in your setup that has changed (flight case, different environment, power conditioner, etc…)?

Does this happen consistently or is it random?

Does this happen with a different USB/SD media device?

If the unit is isolated from case and not connected to other devices, does this issue still occur?

Based on the details in your first post it seems as the unit may be overheating so you want to be sure there is sufficient airflow through the case (if using a case).

Here is my feedback…

Has this always happened since receiving the unit or is this something that just started to occur recently? —Just started this Saturday

If recently only, is there anything in your setup that has changed (flight case, different environment, power conditioner, etc…)? —-/Nothing, sort from 1.3.1 update

Does this happen consistently or is it random? ——Happened around an hour into practicing, then consistently started from then on after reboots

Does this happen with a different USB/SD media device? ——Yes, tried SDs and different USBs

If the unit is isolated from case and not connected to other devices, does this issue still occur? —Not in a case . On a Sefour stand

Based on the details in your first post it seems as the unit may be overheating so you want to be sure there is sufficient airflow through the case (if using a case)—decks are setup in a cool room not flightcased