Un Sync and track go's to 145 BPM

Using my 2 5k’s and new X1850 when playing in Sync at 115 bpm i disengaged the master deck being played on the master out the track jumped to 145 BPM. How can the track being played retain the Synced BPM of X without this happening - This may be an old topic but looks like most were from 2019 and new firmware has been issued since then which I am running the latest on the 5k’s. thanks in advance

Strange, normally this is not happening. The decks have soft takeover on the pitch faders to prevent that.

You seem to know alot in here - I’m Def new to the Prime Life coming from a solid Vestax set up although limited but solid - all this new gear is just a Gift to Me by Me but needs to work, any feedback on what some good steps are. I wont be playing them out soon just in the backyard to bbq until i get this keyed in. I may need this set up for a Festival Downtown Chicago in the summer due to the people I have been meeting lately and wanna be certain this is the correct set up or maybe I have Faulty gear not sure. 100% can be a user error I just am not familiar with the software / Controller / mixer etc.

Well for the tempo the decks can switch priority of pitch fader depending of the state. If no sync and a single layer is used - pitch fader will do, what is supposed to do. If You use 2 layers - soft takeover takes place when switching between layers and pitch fader was moved on one of the layers. (pitch fader needs to be manually put to the place where it was before switching layers).

If You use SYNC between other decks - pitch fader will not work if SYNC is engaged (only on Tempo MASTER / LEAD deck or layer). This will need also a soft takeover to be used to smoothly bring back the pitch fader to the position where it was before using sync or to match the faders position with the current tempo of the deck. This is known behavior that was brought to dj players out of the dj software (like serato, virtual dj, traktor, etc…).

The soft takeover is to prevent sudden tempo jumps - but needs You to manually reposition the fader to the place it was before using Sync or second layer. The arrows next to the fader will show You in what direction You need to go to reset the position. They will go off when You reach that position.

I hope this will help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good day @NoiseRiser,

many thanks for your gorgeous description, how to use the pitch fader. Especially for your explanation in brackets:

This post will help me as well, to use sync / all 4 decks properly.

Brgds

BeatMaster

Happy that I could help. If You need any more information, just shoot us a question here. If not me, there are many more people that will happily help You out.

Happy mixing :slight_smile: