Top half of FX Screen on X1850 is Blank

Powered it on one day and it just didn’t turn on. No reason. Have taken good care of the thing and it just goes blank on me. Bought it brand new last September, not even a year. It’s frustrating that something this costly would run into a problem like this…

What can I even do here?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You could try updating the mixer, but without the top screen you’ll miss the firmware instructions…

So it seems better to contact Support | Engine DJ as it might as well be a hardware issue.

I have a similar problem but its the bottom half of my FX screen that doesnt illuminate. Have you had any response from Denon?

Starting to wish id shelled out the extra for some pioneer kit as I have problems with both my sc5000ms on top of the problem with my mixer.

I had to send it out for repairs last Friday…they had me update the firmware and it wasn’t fixing anything.

Not to mention, the mixer was also dropping audio. First I would have one channel just not work on me and I would have to restart the mixer and then, when in Stereo, the mixer was not producing sound on the left side. It just exponentially got worse - and this is before the firmware update provided to me by Denon DJ.

To whomever comes across this short little thread via a Google search - first and foremost: I hope this doesn’t happen to you.

Just heard back from Denon and I was told that my X1850 had a bad PCB and that I would receive a replacement.

I would like to note that Denon/inMusic made this process pretty simple and it wasn’t a headache. The only bad part is paying for shipping but, it is what it is. I had to wait over a month and I had to reach out to see what in the world was up (4 week max repair window) before being told I would get a replacement. Seems like they’re backed up or facing supply issues, not sure.

This mixer is solid, but it is upsetting to have had this happen after less than a year. I’m noticing that I’m not the first to have this issue either.