Sync SC6000 internal drive over network

I have an internal drive installed in one of my SC6000’s and was wondering if it’s possible to sync playlists from Engine DJ that is not physically connect to the player over the network? It seems like the only way to get music onto the drive is to connect the player to my computer using “computer mode.” It doesn’t seem that I can copy from my USB to my player directly. Am I missing something?

Correct. For now, computer mode and a usb cable are needed to access internal drive.

Here’s my lazy workaround

My setup

• 2 computers one for work, etc, a second that’s always connected to my players (laptop)
  • A) Mac mini - my primary machine (work, browsing, etc)
  • B) Old laptop connected to a player that has an internal drive installed - Macbook + SC6000 with a 2TB drive
  • Both computers have Engine DJ installed.
  • File sharing is enabled on B, sharing the Music folder

Process

• Prep music on computer A
  • Using Finder, mount the Music folder on computer B using Finder > Go > Connect to server
  • Enter computer B’s shared address, smb://computername.lan, or browse to it using the browse function
  • Select your shared folder on computer B, for me it’s the Music folder
  • Copy music files and the Engine Library directory from computer A to computer B
  • The directories must match for the playlists to work properly
  • Ensure that the player with the internal drive is connected to computer B and in computer mode
  • Open Engine DJ on computer B, sync your playlists with your player
  • As an added bonus, you can leave your USB drive in the player and sync that as well

This is extra lazy, I could just pull the USB from one machine and connect it to the other. I could be even more lazy and run VNC on the laptop and do it all from one machine but I’m too lazy to set that up haha. This process works for me because it ensures that at least one machine is always right, I don’t have to futz with pulling the USB every time I need to make changes, and I can process my music on my desktop instead of my laptop which is annoying b/c I don’t wanna use the trackpad to do it. Anyway, just thought I’d share